• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

No image has been uploaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namecheap.com. Been using them for a couple of years now, they are pretty good. Never really had any problems in the past.

Well, aside of this no upload issue, there is a even worse problem and that problem is that the hosting that you are using is pretty bad. I've been able to get multiple IO errors on upload. IO errors are triggered when the disk is failing and that is a several server error.

So the disk is too busy to write the files? Is there any sort of output from these IO Errors that I could show the host?

If you just tell the host your getting IO errors they should know what it means and what to do :)

The host has an IO limit of 1mb/s, could this be the problem for the script?

Is a problem if you are thinking on a public service. I triggered the error with 3 uploads from different sessions and the server start to fail... So yes, the server sucks at least for a public service. If you want to go private you will be fine but for public use I can tell you that you will always have issues.

I've also find more about the problem with the no upload. The problem is that the system is calling the onQueueComplete function before the onUploadSuccess when the server is exhausted, this means that the upload ID isn't there and then the system triggers the error. Why this happens? after hours of debugging I notice that is something with the Flash uploader.

The Flash uploader issues are related with server restrictions over the process (SWFUpload) and doing a htaccess trick like this:
Code:
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

Solves the issues but In your server I can't put that rules and the server send a 500 error which means that they don't allow you to change those filters and that may be the problem, that the server is blocking the flash uploader and that is because you get random errors there.

My advice, just taking into account the IO error, is get a new server. Hopefully a small VPS.

I get 500 error also when I try and set these in .htaccess file on VPS:

SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

Obviously I have root access to the VPS now so how do I change these settings?

I still get the error with the image I emailed you. Just no IO Error anymore. The image does actually upload but no link is given.

I got a 500 error called FILE_CANCELLED, this is the complete list of SWFUpload possible errors:
  • HTTP_ERROR - The file upload was attempted but the server did not return a 200 status code.
  • MISSING_UPLOAD_URL - The upload_url setting was not set.
  • IO_ERROR - Some kind of error occurred while reading or transmitting the file. This most commonly occurs when the server unexpectedly terminates the connection.
  • SECURITY_ERROR - The upload violates a security restriction. This error is rare.
  • UPLOAD_LIMIT_EXCEEDED - The user has attempted to upload more files than is allowed by the file_upload_limit setting.
  • UPLOAD_FAILED - The attempt to initiate the upload caused an error. This error is rare.
  • SPECIFIED_FILE_ID_NOT_FOUND - A file ID was passed to startUpload but that file ID could not be found.
  • FILE_VALIDATION_FAILED - False was returned from the uploadStart event
  • FILE_CANCELLED - cancelUpload was called
  • UPLOAD_STOPPED - stopUpload was called.

Which VPS you got? You are the only client with issues here, is incredible.

Try to increase PHP limits: Increase the execution time and the memory limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back