• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

No image has been uploaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm... try setting the flood_protection to false in config.php and test.

I am getting no error, sorry if my post looked this way but i simply think it's you alone.

There is one way we can check to see if it's a hardware error, i will create a cpanel account so you can test on my server, my server works fine. If it just you then i don't see how it can be fixed considering there is nothing to fix.. if you know what i mean.

Have you tried other Chevereto installs at 2.5 so you can investigate better?

I believe that this is a mix of a lot of bugs and weird conflicts and in the only tests that I've found the error is when I'm uploading several large pictures at once in the same computer. But that isn't the problem alone. So far I've found this:
  1. With flood_protection enabled and when you have upload more pictures than the limit the system (php) submit a null response if the file is near 2MB. If you have flood_protection off this doesn't happen. So there we have a error in Chevereto that it only happens with big files (small files show the "flood detected" error). How does this error affect you? well... you test system several times and the flood is fired early.
  2. If you upload several pictures at the same time or if your network upload bandwidth is highly used (i.e. downloading torrents, playing online, etc). The image gets uploaded but the server don't sent a OK response, this could be caused by a timeout handler un the Flash uploader, to put it simple... The request take too long and even when is completed Flash doesn't wait enough and just shouts a error.
So, thing is that there is clear evidence of a error related with the flood detector and something with the timeouts. Both of this issues are being debugged and it will be nice if you can test the flood_protection so we will complete sure about that bug.

Now, the only explanation to have you with errors in your site, the demo, and another website and taking into account that the error shouldn't be the flood system detection, the issue could be related with the network, your Internet connection upload rate is too slow and since Chevereto doesn't use chunked upload this could be only solved with a re-write of the uploader.

so... this will affect every site won't it? ¬.¬ great.

My server currently has low uplink until another IP is inserted anyway so i could get these from huge uploaders anyway?

Rodolfo, why don't you provide us with appropriate php max execution and memory limits so we can all config correctly.

It depends on your system resources, if your system is a crap you will need a lot of limits. The issues with the flash are pretty odd and if I need days to debug it it means that few people will notice it or even been under the effect of that. Like I said, it has took me AGES to find the problem and that means that is pretty odd. The confirmation of that is you, imgcloud, and like 2 more persons have notice it. There is only one topic in tech support regarding this so don't worry that much, take for sure that I'm working pretty hard to solve it asap.

You mean my home PC resources or server? both are good, if you could please provide good php config suggestions then we would all appreciate it.

I haven't noticed a problem, even when my network is being stressed out.

Well, a good config should be a max execution time of at least 120secs, at least 128mb memory limit. Like I said it depends in the server. If the server has a low end CPU you will need more time, a good CPU will be fine with 30secs.

It was a flash timeout handle. I'm not sure yet but it could be that, the current uploader waits 30 seconds to get the server "ok uploaded" status and if more than 30 secs happens the flash script cuts the connection.

I'm here. Disabling flood_protection is not the issue as I never had it enabled.

Now, the only explanation to have you with errors in your site, the demo, and another website and taking into account that the error shouldn't be the flood system detection, the issue could be related with the network, your Internet connection upload rate is too slow and since Chevereto doesn't use chunked upload this could be only solved with a re-write of the uploader.

This makes sense as I know my upload speed is poor and when monitoring my upload graph during an image upload it will upload for a few seconds then stop, then upload again for a few seconds until complete.

What can I do to test if you have found the problem? :)

Upload files to the demo or your site. I have changed the flash timeout.

The demo now has 5 minutes of flash success timeout. This means that when flash finish the upload request to the server it waits up to five minutes to get any response. I've tested and the old error is not there anymore. The problem is your Internet connection because is too slow and flash just don't wait for it anymore. 5 minutes is way too much time to ask for this and I'm pretty sure that if you put 10 minutes perhaps you will get something.

Main thing here is that PHP usually has 30 secs of max execution time and when that happens the request is canceled. I don't believe that a non flash uploader will fix this because is pretty much a peer error. You notice it on the demo because that is a server in the US that works fast mostly only in the Americas. Of course that you can increase the max_execution time but in the demo this value is 30 secs.

You can try to increase the Flash timeout but wait for 10minutes to upload a 2MB file? And by the way, I don't understand why your Internet connection is that slow since you are in the UK. Are you under a proxy?

It only takes me around 2 minutes to upload the file though, not 5.. My internet speed is around 200kb/s down and 60kb/s up. For some areas of the UK that is pretty standard. My phone line is very old copper, no cable or fibre here.

The only real solution for you is something called chunked upload. Where the upload is made by chunks, not a one single packet. Sadly, that will only come with the new uploader. Anyway, your Internet connection is pretty bad, you know that there is internet delivered by satellite? Is not that expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back