• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto v3.20 "coqueto" announcement

Beta v3.19.0.beta.3 is already out, give it a try. There are more improvements now, for v3.19.0.beta.4.
  • Bulk importer now moves to ./importing/failed the files that failed to import

• Added support for Exif date on bulk importer
This now allows to keep the original date structure of imported items based on image Exif date.

1618534460695.png

^^^ I just uploaded a picture 12 years ago!

• Adds "Powered by" in user settings
1618948676931.png
(big logo = your website logo)

It now shows the Chevereto pride to every user.

For some this may be controversial, but to keep the software development I need to sell it and in all these years (about 14) the existence of the software has never been promoted to end-users, which ignore the existence of Chevereto. This has caused a very negative effect in terms of that the software is widely used but still very unknown. Add on this a situation that got me upset which is the fact that is getting recurring to see re-branding on the generator/files to put something else, remove my copyright and going against the license agreement. I kindly remind you that a license grants access to the software not to say that my work or the modification of my work is totally yours.

The core value of Chevereto is to provide image sharing for everybody, to stop anyone from being the monopoly in image hosting. To remove the software brand goes against that goal as it depends on the end-user high curiosity to discover the software or even the self-hosted world.

• Adds "Powered by Chevereto" in user settings
View attachment 3832

For some this may be controversial, but to keep the software development I need to sell it and in all these years (about 14) the existence of the software has never been promoted to end-users, which ignore the existence of Chevereto. This has caused a very negative effect in terms of that the software is widely used but still very unknown. Add on this a situation that got me upset which is the fact that is getting recurring to see re-branding on the generator/files to put something else, remove my copyright and going against the license agreement. I kindly remind you that a license grants access to the software not to say that my work or the modification of my work is totally yours.

The core value of Chevereto is to provide image sharing for everybody, to stop anyone from being the monopoly in image hosting. To remove the software brand goes against that goal as it depends on the end-user high curiosity to discover the software or even the self-hosted world.

If this branding is an issue I could consider a recurring fee to enable those with deep pockets the luxury of hiding the brand. Let me know if you are interested in this to consider offering such licensing.
to help you more, maybe you could add similar method on free version if you haven't already? since free is free and there you should then force this to be shown, while paid ones will be as it is now that you can choose to have it or not.

since free is free and there you should then force this to be shown, while paid ones will be as it is now that you can choose to have it or not.
Free version has a persistent upgrade button on admin user menu and it will get the same "powered by" introduced in V3.19. Both editions will end up having the powered by in user settings, no more powered by on the footer neither the toggle option on dashboard.

I don't ask for any renewal fees to access the software and I believe that is very fair to brand the thing for those which contribution to the project won't be recurring. My work on Chevereto is constant and the base contribution I'm asking now is to show others about the existence of Chevereto.

Like I said, if this is an issue I could consider a way to license the branding removal. Kindly open a new topic (hopefully at feedback) to talk about it if needed as this topic is for the V3.19 announcements.

• Improves Chevereto servicing links at dashboard
1618787367942.png

Also, I've adopted the peafowl 🦚! Just as all the greatest projects ever existed I've stolen an animal and named it as my brand. Get used, I will build a bird farm and start selling stock.

• Adds "Powered by" in user settings
View attachment 3852
(big logo = your website logo)

This looks much better. :)
I don't mind having this on my website.

Back