Must read Chevereto v3.20 "coqueto" announcement

Rodolfo

Α & Ω
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Update on PHP 8 support.

I'm sorry to revert my previous announcement. There won't be support for PHP 8 for Chevereto V3 and support will be guaranteed only up to PHP 7.4 (PHP 7 eol, November 2022).

Give me a like all those who want Macanudo (V4.0) to be PHP 8 only.

Rodolfo

Α & Ω
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
  • Adds "errorId" for all error messages
1620054778260.png

All the error messages will now include an ID that will be used to enable to hide the contents of the actual errors and reference those only by ID. This is to prevent any leakage of information that may be contained in a trace error when doing debug or anything related.

By doing this, end user will see something like this:

1620054986989.png

Which will be able to debug it on the browser console. Here's how it looks like:

1620055073086.png

With this all the errors can be hidden, and we can provide a way in which users can provide just the errorId to caught our attention.

Rodolfo

Α & Ω
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
  • Improves watermark sizing
In v3.18 the watermark sizing changed from area based to just width/height relative sizing, causing issues on the generated watermarks. I've reverted back these changes and fixed the thing to use again watermark sizing based on the applicable porcentual area.

Rodolfo

Α & Ω
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
A new beta will be published from this point, this beta will be v3.20.beta.2 and it is encouraged that all beta testers try this upcoming release. For those asking for access to V3.20, that will be enabled once the release gets to the stable channel which should be within this month.