• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Unable to follow installation instructions with downloaded package

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_a50a8

Chevereto Member
Dear user, kindly note that Tech Support is free, but please note:

• ⚠️ Check hotfixes first
  • ⏳ Ticket response time is within 7 working days if you need a faster response purchase Extra Support
  • 🇨🇱 Support is delivered in CLST working hours
  • 🚧 Tech Support only covers software issues
▶ Reproduction steps
  1. [Example: Update from X to Y]
  2. [Example: Open the website]
  3. [Example: Go to /upload and upload a X image]
😢 Unexpected result

[Example: The website responds with a 500 error, in some routes it is just a white screen. The debug from the server is... ]

📃 Error log message

[Example: Must attach/paste the server error log relevant to this issue]

Hi,

I got your message on the weekend, but I was unable to reply you earlier:

1638227735279.png

💖 I'm seeing the website working, I assume that you managed to get it installed.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

ubuntu20.04 w/latest Plesk panel

Ran the SSH command and got the following;

Creating config file /etc/php/8.0/apache2/php.ini with new version
Module mpm_event disabled.
Enabling module mpm_prefork.
apache2_switch_mpm Switch to prefork
apache2_invoke: Enable module php8.0
Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.1-1) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-0ubuntu9.2) ...
Processing triggers for php8.0-cli (8.0.13-1+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+2) ...
Processing triggers for libapache2-mod-php8.0 (8.0.13-1+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+2) ...
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

The docker also gave an error - can't remember what it was off the top of my head

With that said, should I try uploading the beta files over the existing v3 installation?

The shell script (VPS) is used when you have a clean Ubuntu machine, if you have Plesk installed it shouldn't work as expected as it wasn't made for that context.

To install you have to simply download the package and extract it in your project directory.

You shouldn't try to upgrade from V3 to V4, that process is still not available.

After extracting the archive, I found the following error upon entering the page;

bertin.ca is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

The logs reporting as followings;

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting '|' or variable (T_VARIABLE) in /var/www/vhosts/bertin.ca/httpdocs/app/legacy/load/loader.php on line 105'

Domain; https://bertin.ca

Last edited:
I would seem that Plesk does not include PHP 8 by default - the error shown above was due to PHP mismatch.
With that said and after installation, I found the following on login;

Request denied
You either don't have permission to access this page or the link has expired.

PS. password recovery does not appear to be working

Last edited:
I found the following on login;

Request denied
You either don't have permission to access this page or the link has expired.
That could be due to session issues as login depends on that. Unfortunately, that's not something any easy to debug and if you rent this server from someone else you should refer this issue to your server admin.

password recovery does not appear to be working
A lot of stuff isn't working in V4, it is still a beta product. Chances are that you got a mail issue there.

If you find something not working you should report it in the bugs section, where you can inform us about anything odd in the software.

session issues as login depends on that. Unfortu
Hi and thanks for the responses.

On the server I'm running a VPS, it's my own test server, and so I can make any changes and reinstall at my leisure.

With that said, I was not able to get the login working unfortunately, I tried reinstalling the OS as well as Plesk just to be sure I didn't miss anything along the way, but found that the error persisted; "login rejected"

I also tried updating PHP Composer which gave me an update alert, but doing so returned a host or errors in the process.

PS. you are welcome to access the VPS and take a look if that proves helpful, as I can provide SSH and panel access

PS. you are welcome to access the VPS and take a look if that proves helpful, as I can provide SSH and panel access
This support layer doesn't include checking on your custom server provisioning, if you want us to check your server that requires Extra Support service.

We do provide server support only when using our infra.

With that said, I was not able to get the login working unfortunately, I tried reinstalling the OS as well as Plesk just to be sure I didn't miss anything along the way, but found that the error persisted; "login rejected"
Sessions depends on the session storage path and the appropriate permissions to store session files there. This issue is not Chevereto related, it is on your server as Chevereto handle sessions as per PHP settings, it doesn't provide its own session handler.

Sessions depends on the session storage path and the appropriate permissions to store session files there. This issue is not Chevereto related, it is on your server as Chevereto handle sessions as per PHP settings, it doesn't provide its own session handler.
I have observed that v3 login and password works, whereas v4 does not.
Are both versions using the same settings?

Are both versions using the same settings?
If you mean settings as how sessions works then both editions works the same but the implementation is different.

We tried the system on Docker, VPS, cPanel and other servers and we haven't detected any session issue at this time. My guess is that the issue is possible on the permissions layer between PHP and your session storage. It could be also in the cache settings affecting sessions or even related to HTTPS.

Server systems are very complex stuff, it could be caused by several factors and is not trivial knowledge for most users. You should refer this to your server admin. If you are willing to test it and to participate in our bug reporting section then happy testing, otherwise I won't recommend you to run our beta software for now and wait until we label it production ready.

👉 You could also consider to donate your infra, which will enable us to freely test your infra.

Last edited:
Dear @user_a50a8,

Unfortunately, this ticket has more than 14 days without a reply or feedback from you. We will now consider this ticket abandoned and its status is now closed.

Please, don't hesitate to create a new ticket if this matter is still causing you trouble. If this is already solved you can ignore this message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back