• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Big Chevereto Hosts

A small update for achieving 123 users, not a huge number but a tiny accomplishment

ze3OxR.png

That's some impressive numbers.

It is not just the image count, but the album, user and disk space shows you got a genuine user base rather than a single user uploading 1000s of pics. Keep up the good work.
Thanks, really appreciate the response. You're the first one to recognize what is going on here.
Yes, the user base is much active, and growing. All organic.
You have much more active userbase though, and you have huge recognition on reddit platform, which is huge. Congrats for creating such an active community.
If you don't mind, I will take some infrastructure pointers from you down the road when I have to scale it to cater bigger audience.

Thanks, really appreciate the response. You're the first one to recognize what is going on here.
Yes, the user base is much active, and growing. All organic.
You have much more active userbase though, and you have huge recognition on reddit platform, which is huge. Congrats for creating such an active community.
If you don't mind, I will take some infrastructure pointers from you down the road when I have to scale it to cater bigger audience.
Really on reddit? Didn't really noticed it.

It kind of grown on its own while was focusing on the infra part most of the time. I'll be happy to share some tips.

Really on reddit? Didn't really noticed it.

It kind of grown on its own while was focusing on the infra part most of the time. I'll be happy to share some tips.
I am moderator on few subreddits, where imgbb and gifyu is recommended often.
Recently, people interested in photography and migrated users of flickr has been recommeding lensdump. So, it has been good to be recognised as reliable service. Kudos.
Looking forward to infrastructure pointer when I need them in the future. Thanks.

Its been some time since I posted update on Gifyu. 7 years, 7M images even after guest images auto purged every 365 days.

1613157720045.png

@ashkir can you update the stats?

Last edited:
I think the biggest Chevereto image hoster is https://imgbb.com

I don't know any bigger than that.

Their main page:

Their subdomain alone has over 20 million visitors a month, that's huge!

Respect to the one who runs it

I calculated it the other day. The site must have stored around 50 million images with this traffic. I don't know of a bigger Chevereto image hoster than imgbb.com.

I think the biggest Chevereto image hoster is https://imgbb.com

I don't know any bigger than that.

Their main page:

Their subdomain alone has over 20 million visitors a month, that's huge!

Respect to the one who runs it

I calculated it the other day. The site must have stored around 50 million images with this traffic. I don't know of a bigger Chevereto image hoster than imgbb.com.
That's mostly because they hide direct image link from their guest and registered users. And in turn they only attract users who wants to host and store images, or share their website link instead of driect image link.
Unless you buy their paid plans, which starts at ~$108 for 3 year, ~$72 for 1 year or $9.99 per month; you can't get direct link to bulk image uploads.

234_UGVfOl9pHD.png
They don't store 50 million images, but are certainly at the higher end of 5-12 million.
They also actively invest in marketing. You can find imgbb review on some photography blogs and websites. They got that budget because they have been offering paid plans since the beginning.
Most of us have been sustaining free image hosts exclusively on ads, which barely is enough to pay server bills. Let alone hiring someone, or spending time on building some custom function on the website such as payment gateway, and different level of user account access. I admit, I could develop the payment gateway and modify user interface, but I got lazy as v4 was under development with same features. I didn't know it will take this long for v4 to come out. It was all good though, I got to learn more about how complex it gets with number of users/visitors/files, and how easy it is to maintain it if you got the funds. So, paid services can be sustainable and even profitable. At least it will keep the websites afloat. Win win for everyone.

Last edited:
Back