• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Announcing progressive pricing increase

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Dear all,

I'm announcing my plans for a progressive price increase for Chevereto licensing as the outcome of the new releases announced.

VersionRelease dateLicensing (one-time) Core/NetworkRenewal (yearly) Core/NetworkCore to Network upgrade
v.3.18 current2021-01$30 / $90 ----
v3.20 (coqueto)2021-05$39 / $90 ----
4.0 (macanudo)2021-09$49 / $149$25 / $75$100
4.1 (supremo)2022-03$59 / $159$30 / $80$100
4.2 (?)2022-09$59 / $159$30 / $80$100
4.3 (?)2023-03$69 / $169$35 / $85$100
4.4 (?)2023-09$69 / $169$35 / $85$100
4.5 (?)2024-03$79 / $179$40 / $90$100

This has been covered in the blog announcement: https://chevereto.com/blog/hello-chevereto-v4/

Existing licenses will have to pay a one-time fee + yearly renewal (not full license price).
After reading the announcement, I still have one question:
If, let's say I upgraded to V4 from V3 (to network). Do I still need to pay upgrade fee if I want to use V4.1 (while my V4 "yearly" is still on)? If I switched to V4.1 from V4 and it's time to renew, do I pay the renewal fee of $80/y or $75?

I hope the blog can add some examples of how the upgrades (not V3->V4 but further upgrades) are priced because those not too major upgrades give me a hard time calculating what would be the costs each year.

I don't understand this question.
After reading the announcement, I still have one question:
If, let's say I upgraded to V4 from V3 (to network). Do I still need to pay upgrade fee if I want to use V4.1 (while my V4 "yearly" is still on)? If I switched to V4.1 from V4 and it's time to renew, do I pay the renewal fee of $80/y or $75?

I hope the blog can add some examples of how the upgrades (not V3->V4 but further upgrades) are priced because those not too major upgrades give me a hard time calculating what would be the costs each year.

I don't understand this question.
he is saying if he has renewed his license to v4, but when v4.1 comes does he have to pay renewal price again? or will he only need to pay one renewal fee to get v4 but that all updates in v4 is free until he has to renew for v5.

he is saying if he has renewed his license to v4, but when v4.1 comes does he have to pay renewal price again? or will he only need to pay one renewal fee to get v4 but that all updates in v4 is free until he has to renew for v5.
This has been covered in the blog announcement: https://chevereto.com/blog/hello-chevereto-v4/

I have updated the announcement to cover all cases regarding existing customers.

To be honest, this is the most complicated pricing structure I have ever came across. Even after reading the blog three times I still can't figure out how much I have to pay.

This is because, each version is priced differently and there is one-time fee, upgrade fee and a renewal fee. For an average user looking to purchase Chevereto for the first time this is going to be very confusing let along existing users.

I would suggest a simple pricing structure as before like a flat onetime fee + upgrade fee Eg: $100 for first time purchase and $50 for upgrade from existing version. For yearly model, something like $75 yearly with free upgrades.

Last edited:
This is because, each version is priced differently and there is one-time fee, upgrade fee and a renewal fee
Each concept is different, and each year the pricing increases as outcome of a more robust release. The prices depend on what you are doing, either buying a new license or buying more renewal at that given year. Is really that hard?

One-time fee applies when going from V3 to V4. Simple as that, one time. Upgrade fee? OK, don't make things up as that extra "upgrade fee" you mention is the actual one-time fee.

I would suggest a simple pricing structure as before
I can't keep this business with fixed pricing, the software functionalities are constantly added so it needs to increase its price on each consecutive release.

this is how I read the new pricing for the core licensing

New to Chevereto? It'd cost you $49 for the v4 release version.

If you are a v3 user already it'd cost you $40 to upgrade?

(the +$15 and the multiple-year plan is what made it confusing)

If you wait until v4.1 is released
$59 for a new user
$45 to upgrade
+ $30 per year

If you wait until v4.2 is released
$59 for a new user
$45 to upgrade
+ $30 per year

If you wait until v4.3 is released
$69 for a new user
$50 to upgrade
+ $35 per year

If you wait until v4.4 is released
$69 for a new user
$50 to upgrade
+ $35 per year

If you wait until v4.5 is released
$79 for a new user
$55 to upgrade
+ $40 per year

It appears when the Yearly price comes due, depending upon the version it is what you pay. It is confusing up front, you have to break it down piece by piece. So a v3 user's discount is usually only around $10.

The confusion is because this announcement was just to cover the licensing increase, but I poorly described this. I've updated the topic with all the prices being affected, that way will be easier to understand how it works.

@ashkir You got everything right but I will put the formula so it can be easier to understand:

New to Chevereto? It'd cost you $49 for the V4.0 release.

If you are a V3 user already it'd cost you from $40 = $15 (upgrade fee) + [ $25 for core, $75 for network ] -> Using prices @ 2021

If you wait until v4.1 is released
$59 for a new user
$45 to upgrade = $15 + $30 (upgrade + one-year of access)

Renewal can be purchased upfront, you can purchase years ahead.

Back