• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Where to host?

If you are having CloudFlare free version, you can easily find the IP adress, even with Paid one. By: ping direct.domain.com and it says the real IP Which isn't good. The website cache isnt good neither, if your site is down and it says use cached version, and if its a forum. Then you can't do anything, only view index.. Well, that's what happend to me

When I do a ping to demo.chevereto.com I got 108.162.198.59 and that is not the real ip of the demo. Actually, is the CloudFlare IP (check here). I think that your problem is that you didn't use page rules. With that you can tell CloudFlare to bypass cache, for instance /community with bypass cache won't cache anything on the /community directory.

People also attempt to do their own configurations without reading the manual. Like "high security" (which will result on a always bot challenge question) or "aggresive cache minify all" (it breaks mostly of the JS code). They also forget to purge the cache once they submit some change that it will be affected to the cache.

On the demo I run CloudFlare and I have a few page rules that do the trick. No one as complain because some JS is broken or because the dynamic files are cached.

At least I use CloudFlare to prevent spam (The demo went down several times for that) and also to save bw, but the most important is that CloudFlare acts like a firewall and for free. If you have a big website perhaps you need a better alternative but for me it's ok.

When I do a ping to demo.chevereto.com I got 108.162.198.59 and that is not the real ip of the demo. Actually, is the CloudFlare IP (check here). I think that your problem is that you didn't use page rules. With that you can tell CloudFlare to bypass cache, for instance /community with bypass cache won't cache anything on the /community directory.

People also attempt to do their own configurations without reading the manual. Like "high security" (which will result on a always bot challenge question) or "aggresive cache minify all" (it breaks mostly of the JS code). They also forget to purge the cache once they submit some change that it will be affected to the cache.

On the demo I run CloudFlare and I have a few page rules that do the trick. No one as complain because some JS is broken or because the dynamic files are cached.

At least I use CloudFlare to prevent spam (The demo went down several times for that) and also to save bw, but the most important is that CloudFlare acts like a firewall and for free. If you have a big website perhaps you need a better alternative but for me it's ok.
i HAVE Heard that people can actually ''Hide'' Behind the cloudflare IP Adress. That's what i want, like the attackers have to shut down Cloudflare to shut me down.

Back