• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Where to host?

willofstrong

Chevereto Noob
So...where can i host my image sharing website, as im not allowed at hostgator? I mean reliable hosting (FREE) with unlimited space and bandwith, since i have no more money for another hosting (already paying hostgator).

Thanks.

willofstrong said:
So...where can i host my image sharing website, as im not allowed at hostgator? I mean reliable hosting (FREE) with unlimited space and bandwith, since i have no more money for another hosting (already paying hostgator).

Thanks.

Most shared hosts won't allow image hosting sites. I'd suggest getting a VPS at the minimum.

If you want personal usage even 000webhost will work. But if you plan to deploy a large image hosting site every shared host will kick you out.

willofstrong said:
Yea id like to develop a large hosting site, and VPS's are just too expensive (im just starting out -.-)

Mmm you can allways use an old pc in your house...

Jhonsons said:
I agree with you but but VPS is too expensive for this purpose plz give me alternative

Look at a shared hosting plan then. Be sure to the the web host's terms of services though.

it will be hard to find any where that will allow you unlimited trafic for large image hosting sites, for free.
Its a lot of work for their server and their line, so why would they give that out for free ;)

If you want it for free, i would also suggest using an old PC and setting up your own little host, that way your the boss of what you do with it and even if you have to put a few $ into a little machine, then its still your machine for ever, so its not really money lost in the end :)

If you had an image host you defiantly need unmetered bandwidth,as image host takes lots of bandwidth,So if you take shared host they will kick you out and also you will get lots of DCMA's so better ro take VPS or DEDI

You do not need a lot of traffic^^

My imagehosting -site uses only 40-70 gb / month. And i have 300 visitors/ day with 100-300 new images/day.

You'll need a big server with a lot of traffic if you got more than 1000 users/day.

I use Dreamhost for my hosting. I just upgraded to a VPS and the features are amazing. You can automatically scale your RAM per month and at spike times in the day I can bump all the way up to 4gb for free (as long as I change it back down within the hour). The shared hosting is really good too. I started my image hosting site there and they didn't ever tell me to take it down.

Plus they always have promotions. You can usually get your first year of shared hosting for ~$10. Let me know if you want to go with Dreamhost because I have an affiliate code :)

It also saves you for the spam bots, the robots, etc... Once I have the demo on the same server as chevereto.com and the China malware send me to hell and they block me the service.
Once I get cloudfare that was history, it's very very recommended, I will do a cloudflare guide after the 2.2 launch ;)

Cloudflare could be cool for websites which dont push more than 50-100TB data monthly, but some previous situations showed up that they will ask you to upgrade to enterprice or leave (enterprice is like 5k USD monthly).
See what happened to pixhost.ch....

I suggest you looking for a good dedicated, like ovh, or kimsufi, with unlimited bandwithd at 100mbit (yes, if you buy directly from kimsufi.com or from a reseller if you want some anonymousity....) they should be enough to Host your websites...you can push a lot monthly and none bothers you! and the price...oh well...its like 18 euro monthly for a basic kimsufi...what you need more ? :D

Cloudflare is good to prevent spam bots and that. But it can't protect you from attacks and hackers as they say they can. They should obv make a new option to hide the real IP Adress, and only shows them.

If you are having CloudFlare free version, you can easily find the IP adress, even with Paid one. By: ping direct.domain.com and it says the real IP Which isn't good. The website cache isnt good neither, if your site is down and it says use cached version, and if its a forum. Then you can't do anything, only view index.. Well, that's what happend to me

Back