• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Where do you host your Chevereto site?

Self hosted in a FreeBSD jail from my server at home on a slow connection. It's just to provide private image hosting for a small private discussion forum that I host for a friend.

I purchased the bundled hosting package so of course I host the script in TMDHosting :)

Anyway, since I want to build a new image hosting site from zero so I think it is better to use the "Bundled Hosting" package. It is cheaper than buying the license and renting web hosting or VPS.

The terms tells me not to cancel the hosting for up to 2 years which I believe that is the time (at least) needed for me to maintain the website. I do not need a VPS at the mean time since it is a brand new site with no traffic which is why I think the plan is perfect.

I really love Chevereto. Moreover, the service and support provided by Rodolfo is top notch. My "free installation" request was done not more than 3 minutes.

Also, thanks and greeting for everyone in this community.

http://artplanet.su
7.7 dollars for 200 GB
VPS
started with 10 GB, if necessary, you can increase disk space, I've reached 100 GBthe minimum fare 4.4 dollar

only Russian support

Last edited:
I can't say 100 mb really is. the website http://ipev.ru almost three years, no complaints.
unlimited traffic.where it is cheaper?
It not just about cheaper. What you need is a reliable host with a good network. I am on Soyoustart which is essentially OVH who has one of the best network in the world. When they promise 250Mbps bandwidth you get it 24x7. Also from price point of view Soyoustart is much cheaper than any competition. On top of that they offer flat 30% this Xmas.

Online.net also seems to be good too. But never got a chance to try them out.

I'm running my Chevereto on my own server located in my home on a 60/30 internet connection.
My hardware is a HP Proliant DL380 G8 64GB RAM 2xIntel Xeon 3.15Ghz/6core I think I have about 12 TB of SSD in a raid 5 with a spare.
I'm running an VMware ESXi 6.5 host on the server so chevereto is just a virtual machine with Windows server 2008r2 and IIS. The good thing is I can move it across platforms and take snapshot/clone before doing any major work.
I use the server in my work so it's on anyways, hosting chevereto is the smallest part.

I wonder why you use IIS. You could easily deploy multiple docker containers on Windows under Hyper V.

12 TB of SSD thats would very costly. Do you run Chevereto on IIS?
Yes I run Chevereto under IIS since the begining. A properly configured IIS is pretty fast, that has been proven a couple of times, not saying that my server is perfectly dialed in, but it's pretty snappy although I'm on a crappy internet connection.

If I wanted simplicity I could just drop in a free-open-linux-something vmware virtual-machine img and be done with it, but where's the challenge in that :)

Yes I run Chevereto under IIS since the begining. A properly configured IIS is pretty fast, that has been proven a couple of times, not saying that my server is perfectly dialed in, but it's pretty snappy although I'm on a crappy internet connection.

If I wanted simplicity I could just drop in a free-open-linux-something vmware virtual-machine img and be done with it, but where's the challenge in that :)
I love IIS, it's so fast and easy to handle. In fact I was on of the first to run Chevereto on IIS back when I started. But I was forced to go Linux way due to many compatibility issues and windows not able handle large number of files.

I love IIS, it's so fast and easy to handle. In fact I was on of the first to run Chevereto on IIS back when I started. But I was forced to go Linux way due to many compatibility issues and windows not able handle large number of files.
Well as long as you don't go over 4,294,967,295 files on a NTFS volume Windows (server 2008 r2) will handle that. I haven't had any problems with files, although my site isn't that big. It's more of a pet project.

Back