• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Where do you host your Chevereto site?

For the demo I use DigitalOcean, like a benchmark thing because I run it in the cheapest package.

Works well but I don't think that is safe to run a production website there, you need to manage all the thing which is a hassle.

I am using Linode. They provide awesome unmanaged VPS with insane Hardware specification for the price. If you know how to handle VPS and command line is your thing, I would suggest going for it.

For external storage, there are lots of options and it really depends on your requirements and budget.

dedicated Webserver from OVH
sFTP Storage from OneProvider
MySQL Server running on Google Cloud

Hosting on personal server with samsung evo ssd, i5, 16gb ram and so on.
Running Debian with nginx + apache and mysql. Located in the basement with 100/100mbit connection :D

Hosting on personal server with samsung evo ssd, i5, 16gb ram and so on.
Running Debian with nginx + apache and mysql. Located in the basement with 100/100mbit connection :D
Wow. What is the total cost of operation? And dis you managed to get enterprise dedicated line at home with static IP?

Wpuld love to have some insight because I am planning to do something similar later mext year.

It's a nice solution until your ISP shuts you down for breaking their terms. I'm sure it would work for personal use but once you start getting heavy traffic they will notice it.

Wow. What is the total cost of operation? And dis you managed to get enterprise dedicated line at home with static IP?

Wpuld love to have some insight because I am planning to do something similar later mext year.

It's actually consumer parts as it was my workstation until I desided to replace the old server. Didn't use it so much since we got laptop and smartphone that does most of the job :p And computers are one of my hobbies.
I can take a look at the costs a bit later on :)

IP is by dhcp. But it isn't a problem as I had the same ip for years until recently when ISP was upgrading their network and nodes.

Feel free to ask any questions. Send me a pm :)

It's a nice solution until your ISP shuts you down for breaking their terms. I'm sure it would work for personal use but once you start getting heavy traffic they will notice it.
Don't worry. Having a webserver on home connections isn't violating any terms afaik. As long there isn't anything illegal filesharing (who doesn't?) or some site that you earn money on. Edit: Or any services. But I see your concerns. :) #YOLO

It's actually consumer parts as it was my workstation until I desided to replace the old server. Didn't use it so much since we got laptop and smartphone that does most of the job :p And computers are one of my hobbies.
I can take a look at the costs a bit later on :)

IP is by dhcp. But it isn't a problem as I had the same ip for years until recently when ISP was upgrading their network and nodes.

Feel free to ask any questions. Send me a pm :)

Don't worry. Having a webserver on home connections isn't violating any terms afaik. As long there isn't anything illegal filesharing (who doesn't?) or some site that you earn money on. Edit: Or any services. But I see your concerns. :) #YOLO
Your website is fast and dandy. Nice job. :)

I started it off at my own "hosting" portfolio, but it grew too fast so I moved it to its own server. I contacted the company that handles nearly all of my websites and have for over ten years. They set me up a server with a good rate I was happy with. Their support is awesome, anything I need they get back to me quickly and on a personal level. They're in Ireland. They came to visit me last year! In person to thank me for being a loyal customer. They were near my house for a cPanel conference and they stopped by and took me to dinner.

I started it off at my own "hosting" portfolio, but it grew too fast so I moved it to its own server. I contacted the company that handles nearly all of my websites and have for over ten years. They set me up a server with a good rate I was happy with. Their support is awesome, anything I need they get back to me quickly and on a personal level. They're in Ireland. They came to visit me last year! In person to thank me for being a loyal customer. They were near my house for a cPanel conference and they stopped by and took me to dinner.

That's wonderful.

Hello,

VPS OVH, with Nginx + PHP7.0 + MariaDB

Storage:

OVH Object Storage, Google Cloud, and Raspberry Pi3 with USB Disk 1To on my home (yes yes)

My ISP has no traffic limits. I tested this out by using over 8TB in one month - they describe me as a "heavy user," but don't throttle or apply restrictions. The upload speed is terrible, however, being only 30 mbps. Download is great - 350 mbps.

I too host it from a home server. With no limits and 500/500 connection setup with cloudflare it works pretty well, for now :)

Right now everything is setup on my main vps with tmzvps with the setup below. I am still looking into external storage options

• 12 GB RAM
  • 6 CPU Cores
  • 180 GB SSD Storage
  • 10 TB Monthly Transfer

Back