• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

What is a 'use case' for the Twitter API? New access tiers for the Twitter API (Removing Twitter Login)

Mortgage

Chevereto Member
Howdy,

Although the docs recommend leaving this Disabled due to Twitter known for its lack of security and violation of privacy policies.

My members still heavily use Login with Twitter. However, Twitter's newly "Announcing new access tiers for the Twitter API" has now officially suspended my App breaking this feature.

I can pay $100.00 USD/month (no thanks Elon) or signup for the Free Tier.

Will Chevereto work with the Free Tier? I believe No since Chevereto needs "Read and Write" (according to docs) and the free tier only supports write-only access, 1,500 Tweets per month, single App ID and Login with Twitter.

In order to use the Free Tier Twitter's requesting "Describe all of your use cases of Twitter’s data and API:" I'm not sure what you'd write here for Chevereto logins. What is a 'use case' for the Twitter API?

It seems now Twitter and Chevereto is finished here unless you're making good profits and can pay the $100/month fee - I personally wouldn't regardless!

I'm not sure if V4 supports Twitter as couldn't find it on the v4 Docs like it's on the v3 Docs. I haven't yet upgraded to V4.

It seems it's time to disable Login with Twitter and place a message on the login page. However, those that previously Logged in with Twitter how would they then login? Would they need to follow the Forgot password, start over or?

Thanks!

Hi,

Chevereto only uses Twitter API for login (oauth) and it works on V3 and V4.

I've serious issues with Twitter and their security. At first, via hacking Foursquare access tokens (don't know if it was an employee or a leak on fs) they got my personal account banned which took me 6 months to recover it back. This was a huge red flag as the attack vector was because granted access tokens to Foursquare were still active after about 5 years! Wtf is wrong with these Twitter guys?!

On another different issue, someone hacked the account of a famous person which was verified and cloned the avatar, background and description with Chevereto's from @chevereto. The affected celebrity filled a complain and next thing I know is that the official Chevereto account at Twitter is forever banned for impersonating.

Long ago I removed the "don't use Twitter" remarks from the docs as it feels biased. But now that Twitter is dying and they are asking $$$ for API access I just need to sit and watch the clown show.

Back