• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Warning for those considering purchasing

rhino

Chevereto Member
I purchased a multi-site license for this product and it would not work when installed on my server. When I contacted support to say so and asked for a refund since I was unable to use the license I was told that I was out of luck and all purchases were final. Buyer beware as you will not get any support even as a paid customer.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Normally chevereto doesn't provide server support, equal to eg; microsoft doesn't provide you with support for windows installation if your PC is badly configured or built.

You should also read the Policies before buying into things, it clearly states no refunds.

Did you try to ask the community for your issues?

The software didn't work when installed. I've accepted that I'm out the cash I spent on the license...but I can still warn folks that you won't get any help if the software doesn't work. You'll just be told to piss off (which is what I was told).

You are right about that, you won't get support from the developer on server side issues. But community support is here for this kind of stuff. Did you try that before posting this thread? We have a few ways to go about this, you could post a thread on the community support section or head over to the discord where a bunch of active and experienced members hangs around.

My experience with the developer and how he responded to my inquiry is what prompted the original post. The developer didn't offer any suggestions to go to the community or anything. He was rude, dismissive, and gave off the impression that I should just piss off. While I might be out my $65, If my post gives someone else pause before making that purchase...then it has served its purpose.

In that case I feel sorry for you. But I need to clarify the fact that the software does work as long as the server is configured and set up right, just so there isn't any confusion on that part.

It was the only image hosting software I tried (of 5 different ones) that didn't work on my server. I don't know what was different about it then anything else...but his interactions didn't give me a lot of confidence in the software or a desire to dive much further into the software to make it work.

For the record, you never opened a ticket neither in Community Support or Server Support. I don't think is fair to judge support if you never even required it. You simply wrote a mail telling us that it didn't worked for you and that you just wanted a refund. Totally normal if you are frustrated about it, but we don't offer a refund policy for that.

Every week people come here with server issues that we won't handle, but that we can help you to sort it out. We won't fix directly your issue, but we will give you the most accurate hint on what you should do to troubleshoot the issue.

Eventually we will offer premium support, with direct assistance (us fixing your server) but for now you will have to rely on our Community Support.

Cheers,
Rodolfo

And your response to my email saying it wasn't working, which was sent within a couple hours of purchasing was "I'm sorry we don't offer refunds".

There was nothing like, "I'm sorry things aren't working for you...have you tried checking the community?" or "What kind of issues are you having? Here is where you might find some answers."

Your response felt rude and dismissive. You got your money, so you don't care.

I never got the "not working" point. I think I missed that. It may sound obvious now, but I'm sorry things aren't working for you, try opening a support ticket.

Try it, bet you that I know how to fix your issue. I know this stack backwards.

The software worked on my potato server. and now I'm running it off of multiple potato servers serving millions of images. It works great, if you meet the requirements.

I never got the "not working" point. I think I missed that. It may sound obvious now, but I'm sorry things aren't working for you, try opening a support ticket.

Try it, bet you that I know how to fix your issue. I know this stack backwards.
I'd try it again...but apparently my purchased license was removed from my account as my account tells me "You don't have any license" (even though I paid for it).

I'd try it again...but apparently my purchased license was removed from my account as my account tells me "You don't have any license" (even though I paid for it).
following up to say that my license has been re-enabled.

You can always contact your hosting company and ask why. Some hosting companies have very weird security policies and disable things as simple as permission modding,.

Back