• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Video Support

While it might be "easy", it's not as simple or "easy" as just uploading the video file. Different browsers and devices support certain video or audio codecs, along with the quality of the video. If you uploaded a 4k video and expected a device that doesn't support 4k to play it, you'll have some very....questionable outcomes such as black lines across the screen for one.

FFMPEG allows for conversion of the video into a format that is usually widely accepted these days as the standard for "streaming", which is h264, or h265 (preview). Plus, depending on how @Rodolfo wants it to be, he could also be planning on splitting up the video into the HLS or MPEG Dash formats with different qualities, which is what a lot of big internet video companies use. (YouTube, Twitch, Vimeo, Disney Plus, etc)

There is huge void of video host after imgur has stopped allowing NSFW content on their platform. Not only users, but chevereto is letting this huge opportunity slide.
I have started using a seaparate script myself for personal use. I wish I could continue it with chevereto instead, and so does many content creators of reddit.

Hope you're all doing well - I did ask about video in March but just thought i'd check in to see if there is there any progress on the possibility of uploading video or does anyone have any alternatives or workarounds that may help?

Thanks

Hi,

I think Chevereto is missing a huge chance here. Tiktok (Video based), Insta Reels, YouTube shorts now, Reddit now with a finally functional video function... These big websites realized the huge potential of Videos.
Specialy when webm uses way less traffic, compared to GIF, for example. With Videosupport, it's easy to say that people will share more stuff and visit the sites more often
From my coding understanding, it shouldn't be a huge deal to add ffmpeg support - or even add a solution to post videos from a webhost based hosting.

Another two good points:

• A huge personal DNS storage Service service (supload.system), which was specially designed to use with ShareX, shut down a few weeks ago, so there is a vacuum to fill
  • Imgur, Discord and other platforms begun to add expiring links, which means people are in need for external hosting sites again. These people also share Videos a lot

There are many advantages coming with Videosupport.
I would like to see overthink your decition, because, as said, there is a huge potential, other, bigger websites saw this and switched their focus on fixing - or implementing - Videosupport. Please :)

Greetings!

Back