• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Video Support

I need this too. Videos are very important to me as well. So is having a paid membership option for registration that sets up a subscription through Stripe

For webm support, users would probably have to be able to install ffmpeg and webm libraries on their server as well, not to mention to convert iPhone videos from the .mov format too.

i don't think this will happen, since of 1. This is image hosting script 2.This is not video sharing script or an file hosting script 3.This could probably be made with 3rd party addon for v4 by some one else 4. Rodolfo probably won't approve this as default feature.

V4 is labeled as "Self-hosted media sharing" so it applies to all media types. Possibly Video won't be a day zero feature? But is something that will be supported, same as audio files. And it must be supported on the core, this can't be provided by plugins it needs to be standard for everybody.

I think for video support, chevereto can make direct integration with bunny stream API (affordable & reliable)

Chevereto can be partners with bunnycdn for video and image sharing like tutorlms do for their product (online courses video delivery).

chevereto can make direct integration with bunny stream API
I don't trust them, I don't think that they have the guts to support resource hungry websites.

Years ago I contacted Bunny (BunnyCDN back then) and the idea was to setup a program to benefit mutual users. Once they saw the average usage of each Chevereto installation they ran away without further communication.

Just a quick note: In my experience, selfhosted instances will run into problems with ffmpeg - for example there is no thumbnail function if you host this script on a regular webhost like namecheap.
Maybe you'll find an easy way (not ffmpeg ;)) to implement videos, nevertheless I believe it will boost the script in a very good way.

Thanks!

will run into problems with ffmpeg
Yes, that's a problem as ffmpeg is not available everywhere and even if is there, Chevereto works on an instant basis and video takes time for processing. Even small videos take some time for trivial tasks like thumb generation which breaks part of the experience.

This is why we want to start with small videos, there's too many systems to re-write to focus in performance issues rather than the actual implementation.

Yes, that's a problem as ffmpeg is not available everywhere and even if is there, Chevereto works on an instant basis and video takes time for processing. Even small videos take some time for trivial tasks like thumb generation which breaks part of the experience.

This is why we want to start with small videos, there's too many systems to re-write to focus in performance issues rather than the actual implementation.
When it comes to video, I have to be mindful of how to review the content.
Not only moderatecontent.com, I've been trying to use OCR to recognize the context of images, reviewing the contents of images can be really important in somewhere.
Video content moderation is expensive for me, the price of AWS Rekognition Video Content Moderation is $0.10/min, which can moderate 1000 images on moderatecontent.com. It means that even if you take a screenshot of every second of a one-minute-long video, it will only cost you $0.006, but this method sounds inelegant.
Reviewing content is a really annoying job.

this is my first post so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place but I've just bought this software. I was under the impression it catered for Video but it appears to still be under development. Does anyone have any timeline as to when this will be available and for what formats?

Just an estimate would be good, if it's likely to be a lengthy period then I'll need to try and find something else

Thanks

this is my first post so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place but I've just bought this software. I was under the impression it catered for Video but it appears to still be under development. Does anyone have any timeline as to when this will be available and for what formats?

Just an estimate would be good, if it's likely to be a lengthy period then I'll need to try and find something else

Thanks
Maybe a year I guess, especially for the stable release.

For me is really hard to provide roadmaps for Chevereto as I'm constantly changing priorities depending on how the business goes. This is a niche software, I've to workaround a lot.

I'm afraid I don't see video happening on 2023. The user base is not ready and I would feel more confident providing video after releasing Chevereto cloud (which has been delayed, again).

For me is really hard to provide roadmaps for Chevereto as I'm constantly changing priorities depending on how the business goes. This is a niche software, I've to workaround a lot.

I'm afraid I don't see video happening on 2023. The user base is not ready and I would feel more confident providing video after releasing Chevereto cloud (which has been delayed, again).
I'm glad I read this.
I just wanted a quick place to upload a video I needed to share with my nephew on how to do something.
Thanks for keeping in touch, chevereto is awesome!

I'm afraid I don't see video happening on 2023.
This is sad to hear. It was perfect oppotunity to get more users on chevereto after imgur ban. Chevereto and chvereto based websites would have seens a lot of increase in usage if video feature was included. Otherwise, right now chevereto is a comlpete package.
But, I understand it will be here when it is ready. Thank you for all the work.

Actually, upload mp4 and webm file type support and html5 player or different players can use for this. after iframe player in image view page and use uploaded video file. this can be easy.

If I have time I will try basic solution like this.

Back