• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Update failed from 3.20.1 to 3.20.8

sunsetbld

Chevereto Member
Hello,

My Chevereto script is currently 3.20.1.
But update to 3.20.8 failed.

chevereto1.png

When clicking (red arrow), I've got a 500 error on /install

chevereto2.png

When clicking (red arrow), i've got this :

chevereto3.png

Many thanks for your help.
FYI : PHP 7.4 and MySQL 5.7

Last edited:
The Unable to connect to %s (and all its language variants) is an error in the connectivity between your server and Chevereto.com, basically the connection with your server may be "too slow" and the process get halted as in HTTP API the thing timeouts after 60s.

For these cases is better if you proceed with manual procedure, or find the way to debug why the connection is that slow. Keep in mind that the slowness could be just because the wire is busy.

Thank you all!
I proceed manual update procedure from 3.20.1 to 3.20.9.
Now, I notice that the database is not up to date (3.17.0 as seen on the dashboard). If i proceed an update of the DB, I've got a 500 error... How can I update the database?

Many thanks for your help

So, I'm OK for MySQL.

Now, what should I do?

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue, but note that this is a community support section. You are asking peers, not employees. Other users are helping you here, not the Chevereto Staff.

We told you to go for manual update. Is this something too complicated?

You didn't open a Tech Support ticket which tells us that you are having issues dealing with this but you don't want the hassle of debugging it on you own. In that case consider purchasing extra support if you need official help with this. Otherwise read the indications and follow the instructions.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue, but note that this is a community support section. You are asking peers, not employees. Other users are helping you here, not the Chevereto Staff.

We told you to go for manual update. Is this something too complicated?

You didn't open a Tech Support ticket which tells us that you are having issues dealing with this but you don't want the hassle of debugging it on you own. In that case consider purchasing extra support if you need official help with this. Otherwise read the indications and follow the instructions.

Hi Rodolfo,
I just purchased extra support and send you an email...

I've detected the cause for this issue, it is a limitation in your provisioning. Here:

Code:
Aw, snap! Internal Server Error [debug @ print,error_log] - https://chv.to/debug

** errorId #88ac8ac1efab4c8f **
>> ErrorException [0]: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons
At /new/app/install/installer.php:33

Stack trace:
#0 unknown file(unknown line): G\errorsAsExceptions(2, 'set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons', '/new/app/install/installer.php', 33, Array)
#1 /new/app/install/installer.php(33): set_time_limit(600)
#2 /new/app/routes/route.install.php(12): require_once('/new/app/install/installer.php')
#3 /new/lib/G/classes/class.handler.php(230): G\Handler->{closure}(G\Handler)
#4 /new/lib/G/classes/class.handler.php(130): G\Handler->processRequest()
#5 /new/app/web.php(411): G\Handler->__construct(Array)
#6 /new/app/loader.php(230): require_once('/new/app/web.php')
#7 /new/index.php(20): include_once('/new/app/loader.php')

The important bit is this one: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons.

Now, the problem with such thing is that Chevereto modify the time limit to be able to download and update the software in the short lifespan of an HTTP request. For now, this won't be an issue for you.

Kindly note that I've updated your installation, I've removed the maintenance mode and I've patched the software to be fault-tolerant in regards to this set_time_limit() restriction.

Back