• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[Unofficial] Chevereto 2.0.X Desktop Uploader!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny.Domb

👽 Chevereto Freak
Okay guys, right now I'M FUCKING HAPPY! I finally did it!

If you wants updates or support in the future thumbs me up !!

How to generate your own desktop application.

Step 1:
Download this and extract both file to the root of your chevereto

Open desktop-app.cfg with notepad and edit the settings.
Settings are separated by a semi-colons.

First parameter : the api key, leave it blank if your api is set to public (DO NOT REMOVE THE ; )
Second parameter : The windows title
Third and Fourth parameters : the windows width and height
Last parameter : The logo url

Why did I use an .cfg file hosted on your host?
This way you can change any parameters easly, so if you want to update your logo, the user do not have to redownload the file again ;)

Why their is a windows width and height parameter?
Because of the size of your logo, I could have done some maths to calculate it, but it would not be perfect as to leave the administrator choose it.

Why is their an dAPI.php file?
Because Chevereto api did not accepted direct files, it need to be encrypted in a base64 form.... why I don't know, anyway I needed to accept direct files, so I made some modifications to the api.

Step 2:
Download and extract this to your desktop or anywhere

Launch generate.exe and generate your chevereto application!

Step 3:
Uploaded your new generated .exe file with your custom settings to your webhost and post the link of it everywhere!

If you wish to have some small modification, I will do it for your application only for around 5-10$** Like the link to chevereto / my profile

Create .ico with photoshop (Tested it on mac, works well =P )
http://www.telegraphics.com.au/svn/icoformat/trunk/dist/README.html

Budziol said:
Do you have in plans Mac OS version ? With generator for Mac OS.

I do need to find a way to compile a java app to a mac app, I'm trying, but I don't want to make any promises

oudensbauss said:
I'll give this a try for our site. Very cool that you've released this to the public for free!

Hey, I just tested your application... you could maybe make sure it is not detected as a virus... -.- (by COMODO)

There is an issue with your generator:

It is not able to use " - or space" in the Website-Name box.

//EDIT:

I tried everything... no .exe was created.
But your programm says: Application should have been created. ... But there is no .exe^^

Well, the generator isnt something I really care about, if it the name with spaces or - doesnt works, tuen dont use space or -... Just to let you know, the name is mainly used for the exe name, so just rename the exe with the correct name after generation

I'm working to support post $_FILES on the api so Danny and other developers using java can have a litte help.

Btw, the resize on a desktop uploader (or any uploader which runs on a local machine) should be made on that uploader and not in the api. The resize function is by far the most expensive feature in the memory usage toll and making a image resize on a local machine before actually sending the full image and then resize it will help a lot.

Avast said:
There is an issue with your generator:

It is not able to use " - or space" in the Website-Name box.

//EDIT:

I tried everything... no .exe was created.
But your programm says: Application should have been created. ... But there is no .exe^^
i noticed that it doesnt make the file either, if your .ico file is not valid. :)
as i tried to just rename a png file to ico :) just in case your doing the same or some :)

Danny.Domb said:
oudensbauss said:
I'll give this a try for our site. Very cool that you've released this to the public for free!

Hey, I just tested your application... you could maybe make sure it is not detected as a virus... -.- (by COMODO)

Weird, seems to be virus-free on my end testing with NOD32. It's probably just a false alarm on your end because I also scanned it with http://virusscan.jotti.org

Thanks

I've tried out your desktop uploader app and it is very well made.

oudensbauss said:
Danny.Domb said:
oudensbauss said:

Weird, seems to be virus-free on my end testing with NOD32. It's probably just a false alarm on your end because I also scanned it with http://virusscan.jotti.org

Thanks

just for the sake of it, i downloaded Oudensbauss desktop addon as well and my Symantec Antivirus didn't find anything.

denully said:
oudensbauss said:
Danny.Domb said:
oudensbauss said:

Thanks

just for the sake of it, i downloaded Oudensbauss desktop addon as well and my Symantec Antivirus didn't find anything.

Maybe Comodo is paranoid XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back