• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Thumbs resize

baden

Chevereto Member
Good day!
There is the question. How do I make pictures thumbs were created on the larger side?
Now create a preview 100x90 size (as specified in the settings). As the width of the image is reduced to 100, and the height is cut off. For example 480x800 images look bad. Users complain. Tell me how to fix it?

Sorry for my english ...

Original

RhL5.png

Thumb now

RhL5.png

Thumb need

kO49M.jpg

Users will never set the thumb size, that is a master value that is seted on the config.
Too bad :(.
Different sites and forums require different thumbnail sizes, but users can't change it for posting pictures on it.
Some photohostings allow change thumbs (for example - fastpic.ru)

Thumbs are also system files that are used on the file manager. Thumbs have a master value because every serious image hosting script needs a universal thumb size, how do you will manage, sort, display, etc if the thumb size is not a static size?.

When users needs a different sizes because "Different sites and forums require different thumbnail sizes" you use the resize function to exactly fit the full image to what actually you need. Why you need to fix thumbs if you can fix the full image size? It has no sense. If a forum allow only max 500px wide images to be embed then you post 500px images, otherwise you post a thumb/medium with a link to the full size.

Back