• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Thumbs resize

baden

Chevereto Member
Good day!
There is the question. How do I make pictures thumbs were created on the larger side?
Now create a preview 100x90 size (as specified in the settings). As the width of the image is reduced to 100, and the height is cut off. For example 480x800 images look bad. Users complain. Tell me how to fix it?

Sorry for my english ...

Original

RhL5.png

Thumb now

RhL5.png

Thumb need

kO49M.jpg

Thumbnails are images of a fixed width and height. What do you need is not a thumb is an additional image size. That will be introduced in 3.0 (multiple image sizes).

Regards.

In version 1.9 preview looks like the image itself. A small version of the main image. In version 2.0.18 Preview cut the main image. How do I get thumbs created as well as in version 1.9?

You can't. 2.X has a different thumbnail logic.
If is so important I can rush this feature for 2.X instead of 3.0

Nope, thumbnails are fixed images to be used in things like image gallery previews where you will need all the images in a fixed size. Is not common sense a thumnail with a fluid width or height because that is a image resize not a thumbnail.

from wikipedia:

Code:
Thumbnails are reduced-size versions of pictures, used to help in recognizing and organizing them, serving the same role for images as a normal text index does for words.

wout000 said:
from wikipedia:

Code:
Thumbnails are reduced-size versions of pictures, used to help in recognizing and organizing them, serving the same role for images as a normal text index does for words.

Most of articles on wikipedia are written by guys like you or me. That doesn't means that wikipedia is always the perfect reference.

And I agree with Rodolfo, thumbnails is a preview of the image, not a reduced version. If thumbnails were reducted images of the images, it is impossible to have always the same proportions for each images.

Danny.Domb said:
wout000 said:
from wikipedia:

Code:

Most of articles on wikipedia are written by guys like you or me. That doesn't means that wikipedia is always the perfect reference.

And I agree with Rodolfo, thumbnails is a preview of the image, not a reduced version. If thumbnails were reducted images of the images, it is impossible to have always the same proportions for each images.

100% argree with "thumbnails is a preview of the image, not a reduced version"

when will you publish chevereto 3.0? I want thumbnail reduced version, almost website image have thumbnail reduced version not a part of the image. I very want buy this script, and I waiting chevereto 3.0 with thumbnail reduced version . Thanks!

Back