• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

SEO friendly URLs (3.11.0)

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
3.11.0 has been just released and in this post you will learn about the new SEO friendly URLs.

SEO friendly URLs

Image and album links (/image|album/<id>) will now automatically append SEO tags that will allow your links to behave better for SEO. These SEO tags are taken from the image title and album name respectively.

In short, any capable object will now have an URL like this one:

Code:
https://demo.chevereto.com/i/un-pewito-choro.NcY

Old links still work and you don't have to touch anything. Also, don't mind about the actual image filename. This only affects the album and image viewer.

For now, the feedback that I'm getting is that sharing links should be using the shorter version /<object>/<id> and after a short investigation I found out that these links will have the same leverage as the canonical URLs (SEO friendly). We should see a toggle for this in the next release.

Hello!
SEO friendly URL option works fine but ... is it possible to enable SEO URLs in Embed codes section (3.11.1 version)?
I mean URL of the page, it looks like old format now (without SEO, just ID)

Thanks

is it possible to enable SEO URLs in Embed codes section (3.11.1 version)?
No, you can't. It shows the shorter version, which redirects to the full SEO URL if needed, meaning that doesn't matter which link you use as the SEO URL is the canonical link.

Oh, I didn't pay attention to redirect, I just thought that you forget about embed codes and new format ;)
Sure, it's Ok with redirect, thanks

Quick question....
If I enable SEO friendly URLs and choose to disable it later, what will happen to the URLS?

Back