SEO friendly URLs (3.11.0)

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
3.11.0 has been just released and in this post you will learn about the new SEO friendly URLs.

SEO friendly URLs

Image and album links (/image|album/<id>) will now automatically append SEO tags that will allow your links to behave better for SEO. These SEO tags are taken from the image title and album name respectively.

In short, any capable object will now have an URL like this one:

Code:
https://demo.chevereto.com/i/un-pewito-choro.NcY
Old links still work and you don't have to touch anything. Also, don't mind about the actual image filename. This only affects the album and image viewer.

For now, the feedback that I'm getting is that sharing links should be using the shorter version /<object>/<id> and after a short investigation I found out that these links will have the same leverage as the canonical URLs (SEO friendly). We should see a toggle for this in the next release.

blackjack

Core license
License owner
Hey Rodolfo,
the new links dont work on my NGINX server. Why? Only the old one are working.

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
Most likely your nginx custom rules are messed up in which case I recommend you to double check your server block. Demo runs nginx and without touching anything everything works: https://demo.chevereto.com/i/deception-french-movie-cover.Nm5

Please don't ask for support in this topic. Open a new tech support ticket if you have further issues.

Reactions: Logan

Che

Network license
License owner
Hello!
SEO friendly URL option works fine but ... is it possible to enable SEO URLs in Embed codes section (3.11.1 version)?
I mean URL of the page, it looks like old format now (without SEO, just ID)

Thanks

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Website
rodolfoberrios.com
is it possible to enable SEO URLs in Embed codes section (3.11.1 version)?
No, you can't. It shows the shorter version, which redirects to the full SEO URL if needed, meaning that doesn't matter which link you use as the SEO URL is the canonical link.

Che

Network license
License owner
Oh, I didn't pay attention to redirect, I just thought that you forget about embed codes and new format ;)
Sure, it's Ok with redirect, thanks

Phil Boyd

Core license
License owner
Quick question....
If I enable SEO friendly URLs and choose to disable it later, what will happen to the URLS?