• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Scalability of Hosting

Can you give some examples please sir moo and anyone else... of a reasonable VPS company. And anything else that makes it super fast to run cheverto anyone using Amazon s3 and how they finding it.

Can you give some examples please sir moo and anyone else... of a reasonable VPS company. And anything else that makes it super fast to run cheverto anyone using Amazon s3 and how they finding it.

I would avoid Amazon S3 unless you have a lot of money you want to burn.

I would grab a VPS from someone like BudgetVM (www.budgetvm.com) and then setup CloudFlare (The CloudFlare free account will take you a long way).

I use Chicago VPS (that's an affiliate link) for my SQL server. It's unmanaged so if you know Linux it's pretty easy. I've used them for a few years and have gotten some stupidly cheap deals on 1gb vps which work great for SQL servers to lighten the load off my main site.

As of the time of writing this, you just cannot beat OVH's offshoot So You Start for server hardware and pricing.

https://www.soyoustart.com/en/essential-servers/

£25 / $50 (ish) for 2 x 2Tb drives (4tb if you're brave enough to RAID 0), 250mbps uplink and unlimited traffic.

I honestly don't knbow why anybody bothers with vps's anymore these days with dedicated servers so cheap.

I agree about S3. Stable, fast and reliable .... but bloody expensive for image hosting. The bandwidth charges would crucify you.

hi malvernweb,

Thanks for the information that looks perfect , and will probably get that.

Is there anything else I should know such as what software to use alongside chevereto on the server, like nginx, and mariadb etc...

Also is there a premium account feature for users to upgrade their account (a paid model) for profiles.

I cant believe some people here get that much traffic, from hotlinking. How do you moneytise hotlinking and whats the business model like. Do people make enough money from chevereto?

hi malvernweb,

Thanks for the information that looks perfect , and will probably get that.

Is there anything else I should know such as what software to use alongside chevereto on the server, like nginx, and mariadb etc...

Also is there a premium account feature for users to upgrade their account (a paid model) for profiles.

I cant believe some people here get that much traffic, from hotlinking. How do you moneytise hotlinking and whats the business model like. Do people make enough money from chevereto?
Nginx & MariaDB would be good.

Chevereto doesn't support a paid option presently.

I honestly don't knbow why anybody bothers with vps's anymore these days with dedicated servers so cheap.
I got a bunch of 1gb ones on ChicagoVPS a few years ago for $30 a year... and then some larger ones for roughly equal price. XD it was too good to pass up for small projects.

How easy is it to move from Arvixe to a dedicated server after a year ? .. Which includes moving all the images, script etc..

How easy is it to move from Arvixe to a dedicated server after a year ? .. Which includes moving all the images, script etc..
Overall it shouldn't be too difficult, the real slow down will be sync'ing your data from the shared account over to your dedicated server.

Not sure if Arvixe allows rsync.

I dont want to make a mirror/copy .. I would just need to move to another server and ditch arvixe after a year. As I would need something much faster by that time.

I dont want to make a mirror/copy .. I would just need to move to another server and ditch arvixe after a year. As I would need something much faster by that time.
So you aren't going to take your images, etc. with you?

Back