• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Scalability of Hosting

Xfrac

Chevereto Noob
Hi,

I'm expecting to have a big website with over 400k hits a month, downloading and uploading.

What can your' hosting realistically take on in terms of this kind of traffic ?

Is there a limit, or none at all?

Think we have one of the members site doing that... so it shouldn't be a problem.

Oh really? Which member, can you give an example of high traffic scaled websites running chevereto hosting?

Are you asking about the software or the hosting alternatives that Chevereto offers?

The hosting arvixe service.. Is it a reliable hosting company that can handle around 400k hits a month of download requests, and uploading etc.

PS. The reason I say this is to decide which license to purchase. Network vs stand-alone one.

The bundled hosting is a shared hosting plan and while it maybe can handle all those hits, there are several other important factors like concurrent users, concurrently queries, etc.

There is also the CloudFlare effect which reduce hits dramatically.

You should try and see if it fits your needs.

Last edited:
A site that big could really do with being on a dedicated server, with plenty of spec to handle all the IO / DB requests etc, IMO

Hi all thanks for the response.

If I go with the arvixe hosting plan and later abandon it can I use the cheverto script later on my dedicated server? And still get the full licence? As I would have abandoned the networking licence. Or do I need to repurchase it again under a full license. And Is the network license code similar or different to the full code license.

You should keep hosting for atleast 1 year to get a free chevereto license with networking licence its full one and has no difference in code.

The bundled hosting is a shared hosting plan and while it maybe can handle all those hits, there are several other important factors like concurrent users, concurrently queries, etc.

There is also the CloudFlare effect which reduce hits dramatically.

You should try and see if it fits your needs.

This!

CloudFlare will be something to heavily consider.

One of my chevereto sites averages 70-100 million hits per 24 hours (Chevereto + Hotlinking) and with the assistance of Cloud Flare I am able to use a small dedicated servers with Plesk (Nginx + PHP-FPM) to handle the load without issue. That said, my dedicated servers averages 200mbit/s and thats WITH CloudFlare. When I disable CloudFlare I easily peg my 1Gbit port.

Arvixie being an EIG owned company caps your resources heavily (They use CloudLinux or similar) so you will likely need to upgrade once you have even a moderate amount of traffic unfortunately.

Arvixie being an EIG owned company caps your resources heavily (They use CloudLinux or similar) so you will likely need to upgrade once you have even a moderate amount of traffic unfortunately.

That's nothing to do with EIG, every hoster applies caps. Some limits hits, others limits ram, i/o, etc. I've seen everything.

If I go with the arvixe hosting plan and later abandon it can I use the cheverto script later on my dedicated server?

The offer terms mention that you must keep the hosting active for one year and the whole idea of the bundle is to get people to try Arvixe, not to just get Chevereto cheaper.

That's nothing to do with EIG, every hoster applies caps. Some limits hits, others limits ram, i/o, etc. I've seen everything.

Absolutely! Every shared host will certainly have limitations, but unfortunately EIG has a poor reputation in general especially now that they have removed ticket access from their clients over at HostGator and BlueHost. Arvixe used to be an amazing provider, but once EIG bought them out a significant portion of the staff were let go just like with all the other EIG buyouts. :(

This!

CloudFlare will be something to heavily consider.

One of my chevereto sites averages 70-100 million hits per 24 hours (Chevereto + Hotlinking) and with the assistance of Cloud Flare I am able to use a small dedicated servers with Plesk (Nginx + PHP-FPM) to handle the load without issue. That said, my dedicated servers averages 200mbit/s and thats WITH CloudFlare. When I disable CloudFlare I easily peg my 1Gbit port.

How much is moderate amount of traffic to you, because you're getting 100 million hits everyday. ?? is that even real, i dont think imgur gets that much hits a day.

The offer terms mention that you must keep the hosting active for one year and the whole idea of the bundle is to get people to try Arvixe, not to just get Chevereto cheaper.

does that mean I can pay for an annual subscription and not use it for 1 year ? I just want the script...

does that mean I can pay for an annual subscription and not use it for 1 year ? I just want the script...
Long as you follow the offer terms you can do anything you want to.

If you expect large traffic... Don't go with a shared hosting plan. Find a VPS and go with it. I use a selection of VPS companies to spread load and it's way more efficient.

Back