• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Must read Regarding lifetime version updates and Chevereto 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Update 2019-10-09
You can check updated information about V4 in our Trello board.

Dear all,

I've read plenty wrong statements —not here— about what lifetime version updates means and what will happen with the next major version since the purchase won't include update to v4. As everybody should know already, Chevereto updates are free for the lifespan of the current major version which means that when a new major version gets released, you will need to pay an update fee if you want to update your website for that given version.

Think about it as be able to get the next FIFA game at a fraction of the price just because you own the previous game. This sounds too good isn't? Some may think that I will release a new major version each year like EA selling a new FIFA game each year or Activision with a new Call of Duty each year. That's not the case with Chevereto, mostly because I'm always on the client side of things... I've always tried to offer something awesome to buy and fake a new major release each year is totally out of the question for me. Also, in software like Chevereto you can't do this scam because the code is all there so any educated consumer could see that it not only feels the same but is actually the same thing.

Having said that, let me address the Chevereto v4 paranoia because I keep reading wrong statements and assumptions in some forums —like hostloc— about the current status of Chevereto v3 and the "imminent" release of Chevereto v4. First of all, Chevereto v4 doesn't exists beyond my imagination, it is not under development, it won't get released this year and most likely it won't get released next year.

You will like to know that all purchases within 6 months before the release of v4.0.0 will get the update for free. Also, there will be a promotional update fee for all those who are eager to test the new stuff and the discount should be near 50% of the normal update fee.

I really hope that this can help to avoid misunderstandings about this issue and as always, all the points of contact are open for anyone (client or not) so don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Development will start next year, depending on Quickty. Remember that Quickty will introduce the new framework (which is already under development).

This new framework will introduce a lot of new stuff:
  • Plugins
  • Native API
  • Dependencies based in Composer
  • Improved animations (All CSS, handled by JS)
  • Filters, Triggers, Overrides, etc
  • New template system
All this stuff will be tested under Quickty's umbrella and once everything gets gold I will start to develop Chevereto v4.

Last edited:
Development will start next year, depending on Quickty. Remember that Quickty will introduce the new framework (which is already under development).

• Plugins
  • Native API
  • New template system
All this stuff will be tested under Quickty's umbrella and once everything gets gold I will start to develop Chevereto v4.

Now that you've put it that way, it seems reasonable. :) I was just hoping the next version will be introduced anywhere in 2017. However, it is a better approach to test new features on quikty before transition on Chevereto.

• Plugins
  • Native API
  • New template system

Does that mean that Chevereto v4 will be an file hosting + image upload script ??

Dear all,

I've read plenty wrong statements —not here— about what lifetime version updates means and what will happen with the next major version since the purchase won't include update to v4. As everybody should know already, Chevereto updates are free for the lifespan of the current major version which means that when a new major version gets released, you will need to pay an update fee if you want to update your website for that given version.

Think about it as be able to get the next FIFA game at a fraction of the price just because you own the previous game. This sounds too good isn't? Some may think that I will release a new major version each year like EA selling a new FIFA game each year or Activision with a new Call of Duty each year. That's not the case with Chevereto, mostly because I'm always on the client side of things... I've always tried to offer something awesome to buy and fake a new major release each year is totally out of the question for me. Also, in software like Chevereto you can't do this scam because the code is all there so any educated consumer could see that it not only feels the same but is actually the same thing.

Having said that, let me address the Chevereto v4 paranoia because I keep reading wrong statements and assumptions in some forums —like hostloc— about the current status of Chevereto v3 and the "imminent" release of Chevereto v4. First of all, Chevereto v4 doesn't exists beyond my imagination, it is not under development, it won't get released this year and most likely it won't get released next year.

Now, since I'm a nice guy you won't be surprised to know that all purchases within 6 months before the release of v4.0.0 will get the update for free. That's not all of course, there will be a promotional update fee for all those who are eager to test the new stuff and the discount should be near 30% of the normal update fee.

I really hope that this can help to avoid misunderstandings about this issue and as always, all the points of contact are open for anyone (client or not) so don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

A big disappointment

I've been waiting all this year for version 4, (Announced since 2015) and is not yet under development :confused::(:mad:

See also this answer
https://chevereto.com/community/threads/anything-about-chevereto-4-and-quickty-release-date.8113/

I've been waiting all this year for version 4, (Announced since 2015) and is not yet under development :confused::(:mad:
Formally not under development (formalmente no en desarrollo).

V4 has been under development since I started working on Quickty's code (somewhere mid year) and last two months I've been working almost 100% on just that. I will have to stop development for a while to ship a new Chevereto release in January.

If you want to do an early upgrade, if funds get tight please do let me know. I'd be more than happy to pay the upgrade fee early. Or, to get a mass roll-out faster, you can do installments. So it's not a sticker shock to your low income earners, just let them pay $10 a month for the next 3-4 months to pay the upgrade fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back