• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Private to Album

TGS

Chevereto Member
Having done a few uploads to my Chevereto lately I've found that the way it seems to handle uploads for registered users is a bit lacking.

When uploading you can select whether it is private or public, but if you select private then it does not give you the option that the public upload gives to then move it to an album. Instead it creates a private album on the fly each and everytime. This leads to a lot of created albums when perhaps you just wanted to add a private picture to an already private album.

So I'd propose that it follow the same procedure as the public uploads where you can create a new album OR move to a current private album. (Only listing the private albums)

That way you can keep the current functionality (Create a new album) and it can do the exact same thing it does now simply autonames with the date stamp, or you can move it to an already created private album. The key point being that it only lists albums that are already set to private (Either unlisted or only you)

The main case point behind this is that it seems that you can currently do this but only with public uploads, which means that if you have an open website the images are public from the moment they're uploaded until you've moved them to the private album. May seem silly, but as it stands you either create a new random dated album or your pictures are visible for a few seconds or however long it takes to get them moved.

I think that the way to go is to get rid of the "private upload" button and just allow to select an album before upload.

Yeah that would work too. As long as the user has the option still to achieve the result of 'upload to private'. I don't mind the functionality currently, it's just that once you have a private album or few then you can stick them in there. There is definitely a case to be made for having a 'private' option with uploads, but you should definitely be able to upload straight to an already created album rather than creating albums each time.

Back