• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Photo Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote an email like one week ago, I need to follow up there.

You will need to put the old images in /images and then backup your 2.X database. You will need to start from scratch with a backup database from 2.X... Then edit app/settings.php and connect the system to this 2.X database and then go to http://yoursite.com/install.php and the system will guide you to perform the update.

You will need to put the old images in /images and then backup your 2.X database. You will need to start from scratch with a backup database from 2.X... Then edit app/settings.php and connect the system to this 2.X database and then go to http://yoursite.com/install.php and the system will guide you to perform the update.

I tried that before, and that deleted the 2.5.8 database and started a fresh one.

Let me get the steps right:

Save the DB Connection info: So the database username and password and database name

Get the Crypt Salt: So the Words or number combo I created

Upload all new files, delete the old ones (except for images): Including the .httaccess files?

Go to mysite.com/install.php which is mysite.com/chevereto/install.php

At what point do I put the old database back? It seems like in all these steps the 2.5.8 database hasn't been touched, until the install obviously. So after the install I replace the database back to 2.5.8?

Thanks for you help.

PS. I already have a backup of the database, that's how I got this install of Chevereto to work. :)

Last edited:
You must put the old database before doing the /install.php procedure. Actually the only thing that you need to do is:

1. Put your old images in this "new" 3.X website.
2. Wipe or erase your "new" 3.X database and in this database restore)your "old" 2.X tables.
3. Make sure that app/settings.php is connected to the database which contains the "old" 2.X tables.
4. Do the /install.php thing, it will ask you for the crypt salt.

How does uploading the html files affect the database if I'm not running anything until step 4?

I think I may have figured it out...

so you re-upload the install.php file and install folder?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you will fool the system by connecting a 2.X database rather than import 2.X to 3.X the system (files) will think that the DB is outdated (2.X) and that it needs to update the database.

Last edited:
Do I have to put the same admin account info and user name as the old chevereto install? Not the database login, but site logins, or can I create a new admin account?

Yes, you will fool the system by connecting a 2.X database rather than import 2.X to 3.X the system (files) will think that the DB is outdated (2.X) and that it needs to update the database.

Previously I had admin as the login info and a password that I created.

I changed it in the install after the database reload. Does that affect anything?

No, with 3.x update the admin is gone. You must use /dashboard for that.

No, with 3.x update the admin is gone. You must use /dashboard for that.

So it appears that it "worked". I put worked in quotes because Chevereto says there are no photos and no albums, but when I explore I see the photos that were in my old install. Is this how it should be?

Thanks!

It runs slow because 2.X to 3.X doesn't build medium sized images, so all the images in listing are load for the full image url. I will add later on a rebuild tool for medium sized images and thumbs.

It runs slow because 2.X to 3.X doesn't build medium sized images, so all the images in listing are load for the full image url. I will add later on a rebuild tool for medium sized images and thumbs.

So then the transfer is complete?

Your site is already updated. The thing with the missing images is something that I will add for the next release: I will include a system to re-create missing thumbs and medium images so the images will get fixed on demand rather than process all the thing.

Last edited:
Your site is already updated. The thing with the missing images is something that I will add for the next release: I will include a system to re-create missing thumbs and medium images so the images will get fixed on demand rather than process all the thing.

Sweet! Thank you for all your work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back