• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Photo Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaquevi

Chevereto Member
I'm trying to transfer my photos from one server to another. The old server uses an older version of Chevereto, and I have installed a clean install of 3.4.2.

Can I just transfer the files over? I have moved the mysql database, but because of the version incompatibility, I get an error.

Thanks!

You should have transferred your current OLD installation of Chevereto to your new server, and then run the 'update' process given to you with 3.4.2 download.
Simply just installing a fresh copy of 3.4.2 and then trying to merge your files / database to it wont work... You need to run through the update process correctly in order to allow the process to change and create new database tables.
I would suggest that you do the following....

Wipe clean your new server (start fresh)....
Backup everything from the old server and transfer it to your new server and make sure everything is working.

And then read the readme file that came with the 3.4.2 download and follow the UPDATE instructions.

Sweet! Thank you. Luckily I started that process yesterday, and I'll update you as soon as I know the result.

I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/blaquevi/public_html/chevereto/app/loader.php on line 118

The new version worked before, and the old version worked too.

What version PHP are you running on the server??

Either create or upload a file called something like myinfo.php
Inside that file, have the following code:

Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Now navigate to that page, and you'll see something that looks like this.
(image taken from google)

Capture8e6ec.png

This will tell you what version your running.

How would removing a chevereto install downgrade my php? 3.4.3 was already working on the server.

Now, 5.5. The upgrade instructions aren't clear. Do I delete everything but the images folder? Do I upload the install folder, and install.php file and run the install script? Does that delete the sql data? Thanks!

The upgrade instructions are pretty straight forward.

Update from 2.1 and newer
1. Save the DB connection info from includes/config.php
2. Save the __CHV_CRYPT_SALT__ that you have in includes/definitions.php

Basically this means, save the config.php & definitions.php file. This is because you'll require certain information from those files, for the setup process during the upgrade.
config.php contains your database details including password etc.
definitions.php contains your SALT key.

3. Upload all the files except for the images folder

This means, upload everything from the 3.4.2 download EXCEPT the images folder.

4. Go to your website, the system will ask you for the DB connection info

This is why some people will require the two files that they saved earlier.

5. Complete the process with the required information
6. The system MUST ask you for your __CHV_CRYPT_SALT__. If not, don't continue the process and ask for support

When your asked for your SALT, then use the same key that's included with your definitions.php file.

so you run the install.php page?

I get everything all the way up until the asking for DB info.

I tried uploading all the contents of 3.4.2 without the images folder, I ran the install.php script, added the Key and the images don't appear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously the upgrade was a little bit challenging for you. Send me FTP access to inbox@chevereto.com and I will review it.

For the record, the correct procedure in this case is:

1. Migrate your old Chevereto 2 to the new server.
2. Update your migrated installation to 3.X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back