• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

OpenStack support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try in the next days, I've just changed my mobile provider. My goal is to add Google Cloud + RunAbove in 3.6.2

Ok, status update. Sadly I haven't been able to setup with any OpenStack provider so far. I tested RunAbove, Dreamobjects and Rackspace and it seems that they all use the same CC handler and they reject my Chilean CC or something because in AWS or Google Cloud I had absolute no issues creating the accounts.

Talking about Google Cloud, since I had absolute no issues with the account creation I thought that I should add Google Cloud Storage to Chevereto and I did it. From v3.6.2 we will be able to use Google Cloud Storage. I know that is totally not related to the initial request but it is something cool to have.

Hopefully I will get my hands into an OpenStack account and I will be able to add it to Chevereto sooner or later.

Rodolfo, see my private conversation to you from a couple of weeks ago. You can use it for free if this is what you need to implement Openstack.

Rodolfo, see my private conversation to you from a couple of weeks ago. You can use it for free if this is what you need to implement Openstack.
Sorry, didn't noticed your message but I already have an account at an OpenStack provider. So far I think that php-opencloud will work fine with this. Hopefully this will make it to v3.6.2 and in worst scenario we will see this in v3.6.3

I'm sorry GPGT, but Scaleway is not OpenStack compliant (no OpenStack API exposed)...

Scaleway works exactly the same way as AWS S3, Rolf just need to copy the S3 storage option function and then change the S3 hostnames to Scaleway one and the Scaleway storage option can be included. I don't think there any additional API coding required. The access keys and buckets system that AWS S3 use all work the same way on Scaleway.

Hold your horses.

No one except Amazon S3 works like S3. All those that say "S3 compatible" are not making a reference to the PHP SDKs available. Amazon S3 and OpenStack are the same in the sense that both of them accept very similar HTTP requests, but the internal working is different. For example, in OpenStack you need one extra step for login while in Amazon S3 you can do it at once.

Same goes to Google Cloud, it works "similar" but the SDK is totally different. I believe that they say "same as S3" in the way that you have buckets, objects, acl directives, etc. But the actual code for each SDK is different and they all work different in how you actually use the API. For example, I discovered (via API) that Google Cloud Storage doesn't support batch delete which is something that Amazon does.

Even php-opencloud has a separated Rackspace class to deal with Rackspace OpenStack so like I said, is the "same" concept but the implementations are different. OpenStack is probably the most universal thing but you have to deal with separated classes and methods for everybody else.

I didn't see Openstack support in your email for 3.6.2. I hope openstack support is added then google since its more popular and widely used.

Any update on openstack integration :) Google bucket is expensive: 10 TB cost arm and legs compared to openstack.

Google:
Cloud Storage
  • Standard storage: 1,024 GB
  • Durable Reduced Availability storage: 0 GB
  • Nearline storage: 0 GB
  • Class A operations: 1 million
  • Class B operations: 1 million
  • $37.62
Google Cloud Storage Network Bandwidth
  • Egress - Americas/EMEA: 10,240 GB
  • Egress - Asia/Pacific: 0 GB
  • Egress - Australia: 0 GB
  • Egress - China: 0 GB
  • Google Cloud Interconnect United States: 0 GB
  • Google Cloud Interconnect Europe: 0 GB
  • Google Cloud Interconnect Asia/Pacific: 0 GB
  • Egress to a different Zone in the same Region: 0 GB
  • Egress to a different Region within the US: 0 GB
  • $1,136.64

Monthly total: $1,174.26

Runabove Estimate:

Space: 10.24 $ 1 TB
Bandwidth: 102.4 $ 10 TB

Monthly total: $112.28

Hey guys, OpenStack will be added for v3.6.3, I've already implemented it in my localhost and it seems that works just fine.

Hope you like the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back