• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Need help/support with the links to the External storage.

user_3dade

Chevereto Member
First of all I'm a noob, I'm not a developer or anything.
The Chevereto 4.0.7 was installed on a VPS, and I tried to add some S3 external storage.
in the end I was able to do it but I have a serious issue with the direct link generated by the storage. it looks horrible.
On the Add storage, I added region, bucket, key secret, endpoint that's something like this:

and on URL:

So far so good the pictures uploads on the bucket, it loads on the website in albums.

But the direct link to the image looks sooo bad and annoying to me, as it's

I tried to change the URL on the Add storage but it seems I get a broken link each time, I tried to use a subdomain i.sitename.com but I get a broken link the image doesn't show up in the site.
Any ideas? I have to say I have an unmanaged VPS, but the support can install and configure anything for me if I request it. But I don't know what to ask them to do or if this depends on them. ( they don't edit scripts but they do installed and configured all )

Willing to pay for some urgent support / help

I tried to change the URL on the Add storage but it seems I get a broken link each time, I tried to use a subdomain i.sitename.com but I get a broken link the image doesn't show up in the site.
Any ideas?
Chevereto only prints the specified URL, you need to resolve that URL on your own.

like Rodolfo mentioned, you can put own url by using CNAME if the storage location supports it. then you can do something like cdn.exampledomain.com instead of full url from storage box or w.e you use.

like Rodolfo mentioned, you can put own url by using CNAME if the storage location supports it. then you can do something like cdn.exampledomain.com instead of full url from storage box or w.e you use.
Yes exactly this is what I'm looking for to have a subdomain a cnd.namesite.com or pics.namesite.com or img.namesite.com and the direct link to the image to be in that format and not into the ugly direct link to the S3Storage

Thank you, are you kind to explain this in more detailed steps ?? ( do you know any S3 services who support this?

I have to find someone to do this and to know exactly what to tell them.

Thank you.

Which storage provider are you using?

Some providers like Cloudflare R2 have the following feature to connect domain to the bucket.
You can cname the img.xxx.com to a specific sub domain, or they will do it for you.

faww.png

Then change the URL to https://img.xxx.com/ on Chevereto.

Last edited:
You can use a service like bunny.net or Cloudfront to set up a domain to use without CloudFlare if you want to. Simply put the https://bucketname.s3.storageprovider.tld in the host part and then set up a CNAME to point to the record they give you. Bunny needs the CNAME pointing before it generates a custom certificate whereas CloudFront will generate it for you after you verify the domain by DNS records it gives you. After you set up the CloudFront config, it will give you a hostname which can be used as well as you pointing a CNAME to it.

Back