• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Imgbb.com is made by Chevereto ???????

SudhirSoni

Chevereto Noob
Dear,

I just want to know that Imgbb.com is made by Chevereto >>> OR >>> Chevereto is made by Imgbb.com

Because both are same Looking wise, Feature wise each & everything ... Except some Features/Options

So please elaborate me the same :)

Thanks

It's a very populare script. Hundreds of image hosting sites is running on chevereto. Some few becomes populare like imgbb. I can't recall seeing any info about imgbb.com here, and it's probably a reason for it.

I've seen many cutomized sites which is not a part of our community as I can see. I checked google searches for keywords and such and came over this site https://imgsnap.com/ they have done some cool stuff

It's a very populare script. Hundreds of image hosting sites is running on chevereto. Some few becomes populare like imgbb. I can't recall seeing any info about imgbb.com here, and it's probably a reason for it.

I've seen many cutomized sites which is not a part of our community as I can see. I checked google searches for keywords and such and came over this site https://imgsnap.com/ they have done some cool stuff

Dear,

Thanks for your reply,

Actually only one website I've seen (Imgbb.com) Which is generate Image Direct Link By Images Name so that user can find image from so many downloaded images .... Rest of website e.g.Chevereto and even your website Photoland.io generate randomly image direct link which is too hard to find out to particular image by generated Direct Link.... So please tell can we set this type of function in this ... That system generate direct image link by using Image name .....

I just want to know that Imgbb.com is made by Chevereto >>> OR >>> Chevereto is made by Imgbb.com
Imgbb is entirely based on Chevereto. They took an old release (I believe that it was 3.8.X) and from there, they built their own stuff. Since then, they seem to skip our updates.

Hundreds of image hosting sites is running on chevereto.
Thousands, not hundreds. The number should be anywhere around 10,000.

Oh okay,

Thanks for your information,

But please correct me, As a uploader I can't choose uploaded image direct link address... It purely up to site owner (How site owner configure this setting for uploader)

Why imgbb is on first page for main keywords in image
Dear,

Thanks for your reply,

Actually only one website I've seen (Imgbb.com) Which is generate Image Direct Link By Images Name so that user can find image from so many downloaded images .... Rest of website e.g.Chevereto and even your website Photoland.io generate randomly image direct link which is too hard to find out to particular image by generated Direct Link.... So please tell can we set this type of function in this ... That system generate direct image link by using Image name .....

Sorry do you want to say here that maybe imgbb reach first page for main keywords,becasue admin of this website set some options in admin panel?
I see that imgbb had denied to index posts,users,albums on search engines. I ask myself now how he reach first page,maybe adsense promotion before,and that is result that he always stay at first page. Any clue?

This is something I would love to know!. I see their index file is pretty modified especially with "keywords"
what php file do I edit to add in the <meta name="keywords" ?

Why imgbb is on first page for main keywords in image

Sorry do you want to say here that maybe imgbb reach first page for main keywords,becasue admin of this website set some options in admin panel?
I see that imgbb had denied to index posts,users,albums on search engines. I ask myself now how he reach first page,maybe adsense promotion before,and that is result that he always stay at first page. Any clue?

This is something I would love to know!. I see their index file is pretty modified especially with "keywords"
what php file do I edit to add in the <meta name="keywords" ?

Yes James that is good point. Imgbb using old version of Chevereto and i think his success is bigger then other websites who always update script to the latest version. I think that i was discuss with Rodolfo about keywords from admin panel. He said that keywords are past,something like that,and that we not need keywords anymore. Now i just realized that i was in wright,when i ask about that. As i can see too his index,php still contain keywords in admin panel. But i think Rodolfo can't provide us a some file where we can back keywords in game in admin panel,because script is always changing.

But will be good if he can back main keywords in admin panel for latest versions of Chevereto,to our websites can be ranked higher on Google.

Honestly i don't know why he has put out field for main keywords for website, from admin panel.

Last edited:
Meta-keywords is not used by google anymore (source). Rodolfo shouldn't waste any time implementing lazy adding for this. However, if you must insist you can always use the custom hooks to add it.

Meta-keywords is not used by google anymore (source). Rodolfo shouldn't waste any time implementing lazy adding for this. However, if you must insist you can always use the custom hooks to add it.

Ok Tom can you tell me then,did Chevereto is SEO friendly? And can you point me to the wright direction about Chevereto SEO functions?

The main problem with SEO is that it relies a lot in text based content and Chevereto does the opposite, almost raw image hosting which means that your content doesn't look attractive to Google. Even adding tags and everything SEO needed, that won't stop the fact that our content is not rich as a blog post. It is just simple facts.

In any case, you can use custom theme hooks to easily add the meta keywords tag. I don't know why that is still a thing, the official word about it is that these aren't relavant: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/79812?hl=en

Back