• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Images on Home Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibbie

Chevereto Member
Hi,
up until recently the images appearing on the front page were my images - now they are any users images.

Need to be only mine as have adsense on that page and there must be no inappropriate images there.

Have I missed an option/accidentally removed one?

thanks,

Hi, that field is empty. When I put any ID in there is saves - but when I refresh the page, there is nothing in there.

Seems its not getting saved to database... try checking and repairing.

If that too dint work wait for Rodolfo

Capture.JPG

Also at my end your site looks disturbed...

And finally use the latest ad code from google (responsive ad) create if you haven't. It shows some respect for the work Rodolfo has put in to create responsive site layout.

Last edited:
Hi,
updated routes (/public_html/app/routes/) now no images appear nor can anyone login, upload etc.

Have left so you can see.

thanks

Then upgrade the whole thing. Most likely you are skipping files when you upgrade your website.

Hi,
I copied all the files from the downloads package. Has made no difference.
Does this errors mean anything?
1) Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_list() in /home/snaphoar/public_html/app/themes/MyTheme/views/index.php on line 34
2) Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_use_captcha() in /home/snaphoar/public_html/app/themes/MyTheme/views/settings.php on line 369

That error is saying that you are missing updated files. Like I said, re-upload everything from latest version.

Ok,

will do - tough starting from scratch though - 30,000 images gone, all the content, settings etc gone. And what is stopping it happening again?

Anyway if I have to I have to.

if you just upload all the files and leave the settings file ? your content should be fine and safe....just a thought :) i did it too in the past just left the settings file and images folders alone

Ok,

will do - tough starting from scratch though - 30,000 images gone, all the content, settings etc gone. And what is stopping it happening again?

Anyway if I have to I have to.
Most likely images are all there.

Hi,
i deleted everything off but the settings.php file and images file as suggested - the template is now the standard one (not mine) pages gone, cant log in. Ie back to the beginning.

Thanks for your suggestion though. Restored to backup.

BTW the directory that holds your own theme, are you supposed to update any of the files in there? /public_html/app/themes - I tried that but went straight back to the standard theme.

Send me FTP access and I will try to fix the thing.

Last edited:
Done - could not work out how to send a PM so took a guess at your email address - did not bounce.

I don't know what kind of editing you did. But when I update theme files you must push those changes in your themes. I've re-uploaded Peafowl as "MyTheme" and your old theme is "_MyTheme". Is just the thing that I told you before, the theme files are outdated and you must patch/replace the missing functions on your own, is not just re-upload your old file and everything will work.

Hi,
In /public_html/app/themes there is no _MyTheme - the MyTheme there is my old directory.

Website Theme actually points to Peafowl, not MyTheme - no images showing, no ability to set up a user to only show their images. Nothing changed there.

Example of things that don't work e.g. https://snaphoard.com/dashboard , hit Settings I get taken to the front page. Only way to get to Settings is by keying in https://snaphoard.com/dashboard/settings

I fully admit did not realize had to make changes in MyTheme but have updated that and still nothing changed when I try that theme - the above problems and no buttons work now.

Appreciate your help but unless there is a sudden idea/fix think it is time to give up as even if I terminate and reinstall there is no reason the same thing would not happen again..

Seems its not getting saved to database... try checking and repairing.

If that too dint work wait for Rodolfo

View attachment 452

Also at my end your site looks disturbed...

And finally use the latest ad code from google (responsive ad) create if you haven't. It shows some respect for the work Rodolfo has put in to create responsive site layout.
Thanks for the comment about adsense - have removed all the ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back