• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Images not deleting from server

minilarge

Chevereto Noob
If you'd like to have access to my server and website, please let me know and I can privately email you them.

🎯Description of the issue

I am having trouble with the auto-delete of the 'guest' posts from the website. The website does not seem to delete images older than 1 day. I have set it to auto-delete images at 1 week. I have also disabled mod_sec on the entire server just incase that was the issue. Nothing helped.

▶🚶‍Reproduction steps
  1. I uploaded an image as a guest here: https://www.pastepic.xyz/image/ResPh
😢Unexpected result

The image still seems to appear at that same link, although the delete has been set for day. (When I uploaded this image to test, I set it for a few hours to expire..)

📃Error log message

Last edited:
Hi Rodolfo,

Thank you for taking the time to answer, it is much appreciated. I have checked the database for the expiration date, it should have passed. Please review the screenshot below:

Check the logs for any issue, if something went wrong it should be logged. If not, then more job is required to first make your server to log these and to actual detect the problem here.

Most likely this is due to wrong file permissions, just in case you forgot to check that.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I know I have 'logs' set to 1... which means it's active. But I'm not sure the location of the log file on the server so I can check it and possibly copy + paste it here. Also, I'm pretty sure that my file permissions are correct, but just in case I'll post here what they are set at..

• app/content (0777)
  • app/content/languages (0777)
  • app/content/languages/cache (0777)
  • app/content/locks (0777)
  • app/content/system (0777)
  • content (0777)
  • images (0777)

Thanks! :)

Thank you for confirming that information.

I must access to your server to check exactly where the problem should be. Please send me SSH access to inbox@chevereto.com (cPanel or anything similar also works).

Make sure to reference this topic (link).

The problem is related to permissions. Here:

public_html/app/content/locks

Most likely you applied a backup and you ended with these permissions.

I removed the files and everything works fine now.

Back