• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How to update your site?

Champion

Chevereto Member
How do I update my site from version 3.15.0 to version 3.15.2?

And when I update will not reset all site downloads?

Hi,

To update you have to go to /dashboard where you will see a "check for updates" link. That will fetch my API for updates, download and install the software. The process is usually semi-automatic.

The whole documentation about it can be found here: https://v3-docs.chevereto.com/setup/update-guide.html#one-click-update

And when I update will not reset all site downloads?
No, the update process won't affect any of your content or settings. If you modified system files you may need to merge your changes with my revision.

If you have issues just open a ticket.

Thank you for using Chevereto!

"It will be better since you aren't using my files there." How can I not use your files?
Because it is impossible that the button isn't there unless someone modified it and provide the file to you or it is a redistribution that (without my permission) altered the source.

🙄 You should audit all the code just to make sure that nothing fishy was sneaked. How you can tell that it doesn't have a back door? A bitcoin miner?

Will "installer" affect other files uploaded to the site?
It doesn't affect user generated content neither system/admin settings.

Very strange... I bought the site from a person. Then I went to your site and bought a license to use it.
Will updating the site help you get rid of these holes?

maybe I need to replace some files to fix it?

I reinstalled the site using the "Installer" and it deleted everything for me, installing the site again. I had to restore the site. Why does the "Installer" replace all files? or did I do something wrong? Although I did everything according to the instructions

Back