• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How to show albums and sub-albums hierarchically?

gilhin

Chevereto Member
Dear,
I have just installed Chevereto 3.X via Docker.
My main purpose is to share some memories with the family. To do so, my idea was to setup albums and to add sub-albums where this would be senseful.
The albums should be protected with a password so that anyone accessing the main album would also be able to see the sub-albums.

The concept looks like

Album 1 (password protected)
--> sub-album 1.1 (no additional authentication needed, but not visible without password for Album 1)
--> sub-album 1.2 (no additional authentication needed, but not visible without password for Album 1)

Album 2 (password protected)
--> sub-album 2.1 (no additional authentication needed, but not visible without password for Album 2)

However, after having added photos to the sub-albums, these show up in the "current" section of the landing page, while the (empty) main album is not showing up. What am I missing - or how could I ensure that there is a level of authentication for an "upper" level, while it would not be necessary for every sub-album?

Thank you for guiding me,
best regards

Gilhin

Albums by default show up only if it contains at least 5 images. You can configure that to N to show all albums regardless of the image count.

Last edited:
Albums by default show up only if it contains at least 5 images. You can configure that to zero to show all albums regardless of the image count.

Thank you for pointing this out - but when I try to set it to "0", it says that "the number must be larger or equal 1".
Is there any way to overcome this - and would it help at all?

When you wrote that the sub-albums do not inherit permissions, the sub-albums would still be visible in the "Explore" area, right?
Would it help to use the same password for album and sub-albums, i.e. that the password only needs to be entered once?

Is there any way to overcome this - and would it help at all?
There's no one click option for that, for such cases you need to edit directly the source code. You could also inject the value directly in the database.

Would it help to use the same password for album and sub-albums, i.e. that the password only needs to be entered once?
No, like I said sub-albums are just for structure. Sub albums are a relatively new feature, is on its very early implementation.

If you want to suggest improvements kindly check https://chv.to/rfc

Back