• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Big Chevereto Hosting for RPers at NickPic.Host

Sorry i not get you a little bit. So you have firewall activated on your example Apache server right? What you get then with Let's Encrypt more? DDOS protect too?
Separate firewall. DDOS protection from hosting company only.

Separate firewall. DDOS protection from hosting company only.
Ok i see.So you are free of Cloudflare which is good for more traffic and better SEO. So in some way maybe Cloudflare is good for textual websites,but for website to users upload images is not good because of speed. Now tell me one more thing. With Let's encrypt your benefit from there is only SSL right?

Ok i see.So you are free of Cloudflare which is good for more traffic and better SEO. So in some way maybe Cloudflare is good for textual websites,but for website to users upload images is not good because of speed. Now tell me one more thing. With Let's encrypt your benefit from there is only SSL right?
Yes

Let's Encrypt is just a free SSL provider through which you can save money instead of paying few dollars every year. It has no relation with speed or SEO.

And TBH, CloudFlare has nothing to do with SEO as I do have lots of websites that get tons of organic traffic with Cloudflare on. But you have to ensure you are using the right settings.

For example, settings that prevent bots to crawl your website will affect the SEO, so you need to know which settings will be helpful. If you know what you are doing, then you have no issue with Cloudflare.

For image upload script, it just doesn't help as their main purpose is to act as Proxy (uploads slows down) but it helps to prevent DDoS to your main IP address by hiding it and also prevents you from layer 7 attacks.

And upload will get slow down even if you use any DDoS protection externally other than your hosting provider natively supports it.

Let's Encrypt is just a free SSL provider through which you can save money instead of paying few dollars every year. It has no relation with speed or SEO.

And TBH, CloudFlare has nothing to do with SEO as I do have lots of websites that get tons of organic traffic with Cloudflare on. But you have to ensure you are using the right settings.

For example, settings that prevent bots to crawl your website will affect the SEO, so you need to know which settings will be helpful. If you know what you are doing, then you have no issue with Cloudflare.

For image upload script, it just doesn't help as their main purpose is to act as Proxy (uploads slows down) but it helps to prevent DDoS to your main IP address by hiding it and also prevents you from layer 7 attacks.

And upload will get slow down even if you use any DDoS protection externally other than your hosting provider natively supports it.
Amazing answer. So now tell me your opinion what is the best solution for image hosting websites? Mkerala said that he have DDOS protection from his server and SSL from Let's Encrypt. Now third thing is firewall. Firewall must be activated from server as well as DDOS ? Or you have some separate solution to be mixed for only firewall (server or external source) . Thanks in advance.

Amazing answer. So now tell me your opinion what is the best solution for image hosting websites? Mkerala said that he have DDOS protection from his server and SSL from Let's Encrypt. Now third thing is firewall. Firewall must be activated from server as well as DDOS ? Or you have some separate solution to be mixed for only firewall (server or external source) . Thanks in advance.

DDoS protection never comes cheaper. I have owned servers across more than 50+ providers and the only provider who provides free and best DDoS protection is "OVH".

These days people rarely do Layer 3 and Layer 4 DDoS Attacks, which can be prevented by the hosting provider (OVH) or anyone who advertise providing it free.

So most do Layer 7 attack which is hard to prevent unless you have a good firewall that can prevent that kind of attacks or you know how to prevent manually. If you think you will be a victim of such an attack, don't hesitate to use Cloudflare or DDoS Guard as they are good at preventing those types of attacks and my vote is for DDoS Guard.

DDoS protection never comes cheaper. I have owned servers across more than 50+ providers and the only provider who provides free and best DDoS protection is "OVH".

These days people rarely do Layer 3 and Layer 4 DDoS Attacks, which can be prevented by the hosting provider (OVH) or anyone who advertise providing it free.

So most do Layer 7 attack which is hard to prevent unless you have a good firewall that can prevent that kind of attacks or you know how to prevent manually. If you think you will be a victim of such an attack, don't hesitate to use Cloudflare or DDoS Guard as they are good at preventing those types of attacks and my vote is for DDoS Guard.
Ok. Now let be more clear in this situation. We now discuss here because we are using Image Hosting sites,and then we see that Cloudflare is not good solution for Image Hosting sites. And we must find other solution to protect our sites without Cloudflare,,with some solutions which you said right now. Ok ,that is clear.

Do you mean that Cloudflare is then not good globally for websites which are not Image Hosting sites too? Example blogs,videos,anything which is not connected with user Image upload online. And my second important question is : Did then beside that Cloudflare if is not good for Image hosting sites, then is not good for non image hosting sites for traffic? Why you think,if you think like that,that" Cloudflare is not good for organic traffic( to we can not count when user upload image)? So generally with Cloudflare you will lose organic traffic ,traffic generally right?

CloudFlare is being used on millions of site and technically it does not affect the SEO if you know how to use it.

All my websites uses CloudFlare as it is free to use, fasten the loading time and many other purposes.

But I don’t use it for image hosting site because I have my own set of reasons.

I am not sure why you are worried about SEO in image hosting site unless all your images have proper title and description. If your website is generally public then most people never use proper naming for images and indexing their images on google may violate their privacy.

So don’t think too much about SEO and Security and use CloudFlare for free till it last.

CloudFlare is being used on millions of site and technically it does not affect the SEO if you know how to use it.

All my websites uses CloudFlare as it is free to use, fasten the loading time and many other purposes.

But I don’t use it for image hosting site because I have my own set of reasons.

I am not sure why you are worried about SEO in image hosting site unless all your images have proper title and description. If your website is generally public then most people never use proper naming for images and indexing their images on google may violate their privacy.

So don’t think too much about SEO and Security and use CloudFlare for free till it last.
Now i will jump little bit more for SEO. So you mean if i have lot of indexed pages example on Google with normal title and description,did i will get traffic for example for that one particular image,or i will just climb up in search engines as domain name because of lot of indexed images and get organic traffic?

Now i will jump little bit more for SEO. So you mean if i have lot of indexed pages example on Google with normal title and description,did i will get traffic for example for that one particular image,or i will just climb up in search engines as domain name because of lot of indexed images and get organic traffic?

I am not a SEO expert. But I can answer this. You won’t immediately started receiving organic traffic as soon your images for indexed. There are lot other factors associated with it. So forget about organic traffic in image hosting site.

Just concentrate on providing good service to your users and in return your traffic will slowly increase as you gather more backlinks and people will started noticing your site and keep using it.

What happened with Cloudflare and B2?
I had an opportunity to upgrade my infrastructure with a long time friend and business partner, BigWetFish. They were able to help me upgrade to a dedicated server in Northern Ireland and keep my costs low. I was their first client back in 2005! They're a huge company now, with over $1 mil in revenue now. I stayed loyal to them all these years, and after my transplant issues, etc, they decided to cut me a permanent discount because of how long I've been with them.

Cloudflare and B2 was fine. But, B2 was the failing point. tHere were way too many errors and bottlenecks. First time I needed to download from B2 I found out B2 corrupted well over 10,000 files as well. They then tried to charge me for the corruptions from them. They secretly added new fees as well that drove my cost of storage up significantly.

That is great news. But i really not understand one thing here. You have 3,438,388 images! Why you not allow the search engines to images can be indexed ? You will got blow up traffic from Google.
I'm not really interested in Google traffic. I'm ad-free in revenue right now and I don't need a sunk fallacy added to my current community and or niche. I'm at a long-term sustainable growth model for my current users, who are my priority. Making new members/users are not a priority for me.

I dominate my current niche. They trust me, and so I don't want to betray this.

Hello

I have very interesting and little bit strange thing about activating Firewall on my server. This is connected with our previous conversation about DDOS attack and firewall. Why when i activate firewall for my whole server via Putty, then my sites not work? And when i disable firewall via Putty : sudo systemctl stop firewalld then everything back to normal.

Hello

I have very interesting and little bit strange thing about activating Firewall on my server. This is connected with our previous conversation about DDOS attack and firewall. Why when i activate firewall for my whole server via Putty, then my sites not work? And when i disable firewall via Putty : sudo systemctl stop firewalld then everything back to normal.

Maybe you missed this

firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-port=80/tcp firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-port=443/tcp firewall-cmd --reload

Maybe you missed this

firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-port=80/tcp firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-port=443/tcp firewall-cmd --reload
Ok,before i start firewall via Putty and to make those command which you write,tell me this. At my server i have 2 sites with PRO plan from Cloudflare. So in that PRO plan those two websites are protected from DDOS and have Firewall. Now my question is: If i enable Firewall at my server for rest of my sites which they not have PRO plan, i mean they only have protection DDOS from server by default. Did two domains which have PRO plan from Cloudflare will have problems if i enable Firewall from my server via Putty?

Ok,before i start firewall via Putty and to make those command which you write,tell me this. At my server i have 2 sites with PRO plan from Cloudflare. So in that PRO plan those two websites are protected from DDOS and have Firewall. Now my question is: If i enable Firewall at my server for rest of my sites which they not have PRO plan, i mean they only have protection DDOS from server by default. Did two domains which have PRO plan from Cloudflare will have problems if i enable Firewall from my server via Putty?

I suggest you hire an admin to get your server and site secured.

That's great, I like how you solved the situation. It also gives the user a sense of care, and it adds value for their accounts.
Thank you! After talking with you I tried to figure out the best way to keep my community on my site safe, and decided a referral only system would be best. It works pretty well, we have had 0 spam registrations since we moved to referral only. Growth has been easier. Nothing illegal uploaded. Much easier to manage.

I just ended up coding a few new integrations today, and implemented it into the admin panel so any Admin can add referral codes themselves.

Back