• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Big Chevereto Hosting for RPers at NickPic.Host

Iy0ZFd.jpg

Am I doing this right? :D Five days of growth 32626 more images.

Wow that is very good. Can you tell us adsense is working good right? :) I will not ask how much you earn it is not polite,but any your sign that revenue is pretty good. Thanks

New month!

oBkejF.jpg

524,000! @Rodolfo you'll soon have another million image host among your software =D

@magvai eh. Adsense is hit or miss tbh. I don't like intrusive ads. The campaign for donations has been going well. I'm at 40% funded for the year! :D By donations!

This is awesome! I'm amazed by your growth and hope to achieve the same some day.

Again, awesome & congratz :)

Question; How much space do you allow per storage instance before adding a new one?

This is awesome! I'm amazed by your growth and hope to achieve the same some day.

Again, awesome & congratz :)

Question; How much space do you allow per storage instance before adding a new one?
Thanks! I have about 200 GB SATA RAID on my primary server, but, I'm only using about 90 GB on it. I want to keep the rest for emergency space if needed. Plus, I didn't start with a storage VPS. I wish I did! It'd make the main site easier to manage. I have 1 storage entity right now, I am going to wait until it hits 150 GB and add a second one.

I'm hoping one day in the future Chevereto will allow users to select an "available" storage area to upload to, so I can allow users to use the closest one to them. I have a second storage VPS ready with another 250GB of burst space out of Las Vegas.

I wrote up my details over here: https://chevereto.com/community/threads/my-set-up-10-mil-hits-thousands-of-active-users.8953/

People think they need top of the line for Chevereto. Not true. @Rodolfo made it fit a very wide range of servers! :D

Your Welcome!

I feel you. I have "only" 30GB of images on the main server. I should also have started with a storage VPS instantly. Management of the mainsite takes forever! I'm currently looking for a way to move images from main server to an external storage server without breaking the url's (still without luck)

About the storage I was thinking about 50-100gb per instance to spread out the load even more, it must be a fine balance somewhere.

And +1 for GEOuploading, or atleast a selection of which server.

Your Welcome!

I feel you. I have "only" 30GB of images on the main server. I should also have started with a storage VPS instantly. Management of the mainsite takes forever! I'm currently looking for a way to move images from main server to an external storage server without breaking the url's (still without luck)

About the storage I was thinking about 50-100gb per instance to spread out the load even more, it must be a fine balance somewhere.

And +1 for GEOuploading, or atleast a selection of which server.
The load on the upload servers are very minimal because there's no script processing. That helps a lot. But, yeah. I agree. I would love a way to mass move older images without breaking old URLs, but, it is probably impossible because it's so intertwined with the main site. But, I have a stable server now.

Congrats on 30 GB!

I also suggested Geo location here if you're interested.

New month!

oBkejF.jpg

524,000! @Rodolfo you'll soon have another million image host among your software =D

@magvai eh. Adsense is hit or miss tbh. I don't like intrusive ads. The campaign for donations has been going well. I'm at 40% funded for the year! :D By donations!

Hello ashkir

That is amazing traffic but i not understand one thing. You said that you not like intrusive ads and your revenue is over 800$ at year. Why you not put adsense or you must write appeal for that. Why you not put other ad network? Can you imagine how much you can earn bro? With adsense i think you can earn over 1000$ monthly.
Is this only love to image hosting websites or ?

I ask that because i am confused why you use donations,because you can earn money from ads. Warm regards

Hello ashkir

That is amazing traffic but i not understand one thing. You said that you not like intrusive ads and your revenue is over 800$ at year. Why you not put adsense or you must write appeal for that. Why you not put other ad network? Can you imagine how much you can earn bro? With adsense i think you can earn over 1000$ monthly.
Is this only love to image hosting websites or ?

I ask that because i am confused why you use donations,because you can earn money from ads. Warm regards
Ads aren't always successful when you do not use your market. I don't publish ads on my homepage. Never. There have been a great many studies about ads on homepage that intrude it. It reduces favor. If it's donors, it doesn't. I have a small ad on pages where images load, and it does fine. I am making enough to support the hosting costs. That is all that matters to me in this niche. The making over $1000 is kind of bull, imo. I am not going to spam my users with ads to try and force it and ruin their opinion and my reputation.

The community is important to me over all else. This has proven successful. Now I rank one of the largest Chevereto sites.

To be frank, I haven't seen any image hosting site with this impressive growth rate in such a short time. If you don't mind, what is your primary source of traffic and also do you spend much on marketing?

To be frank, I haven't seen any image hosting site with this impressive growth rate in such a short time. If you don't mind, what is your primary source of traffic and also do you spend much on marketing?
My niche is stated on my site. I don't market. At all. It's all word of mouth. There's a nasty bug that's making some users sad but I can't figure it out though.

Gifyu grew fast too. :)

We're now at 844,505 active images. We have a total of 4 servers now to deal with the load. We're delivering about 5 TB of traffic monthly now. Most of our images are under 250 KB.

We've had 106,226 images deleted. In our life, we now have 950,731 images.

So um...

940,819 active images, 1,062,149 total in our lifetime. 121,330 have been deleted (most by our own users for "temporary" files).

We broke the 1 million and will break the 1 million active files around August!

YAY!

Back