• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Free Desktop Uploader / Closed Topic

buzzdee

Chevereto Member
Hi,
Does anybody know why
1) this topic is closed now and
2) "jayfella" ceased the development of his desktop uploader ?

On his website, there is now an Installer package (exe / msi) for his tool.

Why this sudden change? Do you have any informations about this?

Thx,
Buzz

As soon I notice Jay's work I contact him to support his work by featuring his app on Chevereto main website with the only suggestion that he should get rid of the bugs and the false positive virus warning.

Jay seems to notice that and start to develop changes and improves to the app but at the moment he sent me the latest version I notice the same old bugs and false positive issues, I suggest him once again to fix this and he just get bored of the whole thing telling me that he was bored of developing something for free and that he need to focus on things that will actually mean profit to him.

I totally understand his position but I know that things doesnt end in the best way, but If I will feature a app and promote this app on my site I expect that this app is risk free and totally flawless and this wasnt the case, my goal was just ensure que quality of the product.

The end of the development is all up to Jay. I didnt ask him to start that development and take for sure that I didnt ask him to stop the development of it.

As soon I notice Jay's work I contact him to support his work by featuring his app on Chevereto main website with the only suggestion that he should get rid of the bugs and the false positive virus warning.

Jay seems to notice that and start to develop changes and improves to the app but at the moment he sent me the latest version I notice the same old bugs and false positive issues, I suggest him once again to fix this and he just get bored of the whole thing telling me that he was bored of developing something for free and that he need to focus on things that will actually mean profit to him.

I totally understand his position but I know that things doesnt end in the best way, but If I will feature a app and promote this app on my site I expect that this app is risk free and totally flawless and this wasnt the case, my goal was just ensure que quality of the product.

The end of the development is all up to Jay. I didnt ask him to start that development and take for sure that I didnt ask him to stop the development of it.

Hmm that's completely fair, it's his product and so I see that it's his decision whether to release it (or not).

It is a shame that you can't work something out Payment wise, such as Chevereto + Uploader = price + $7, where he gets like 70% of the $7 of HIS application revenue.

But I've got Lautaro's uploader that works for now!

False detected virus. Do you mean by a antivirus software, or by the internet browser? Currently Lautaro's version altso are detected as dangerous in google chrome, so i had to .ZIP The .exe ..

False detected virus. Do you mean by a antivirus software, or by the internet browser? Currently Lautaro's version altso are detected as dangerous in google chrome, so i had to .ZIP The .exe ..

THe application was being detected as a false-positive in many of the free anti-virus programs (however, I didnt find an issue with AVG or Kaspersky). And Lautaro's .exe isn't showing as dangerous on my website.

If there is any message shown about my application it is because it doesn't has a code sign certificate, so, since windows or an antivirus checks the application and sees that it doesn't have a verified publisher it will ask you if you are sure you want to run it, but it doesn't detect it as a virus or threat.

One of the reasons I bought Chevereto was the new API-Feature and the possibilities it will offer to the community, like this tool for example.
This tool is absolutely fantastic and I really hope this will not be the end ov development in this direction.
Too bad I am not a programmer, a tool like this is pure gold for the community. Big thanks to the Creator, thumbs up!

Back