• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[Free] Chevereto Universal Desktop Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayfella

Chevereto Noob
Hey guys.

My name is jayfella and i'm a desktop application developer. I noticed that there wasn't a desktop application available for you guys to use, so I created one myself. Its very easy to setup, and anybody that owns a chevereto site can use it. It is completely unrestricted.

Rather than copy-paste the download page, here is the link to the page:

https://extremecoderz.com/products/chevereto-uploader.html

You can basically create an xml file for your site and ship it on your website for your users.
It has the same features as the very well known 'hyperdesktop' - with the exception of a better image editor. Its as simple as that.

Feel free to post any suggestions, they are welcome as always.

It doesnt "remote upload" at all, it captures the screenshots locally, which is a local upload, not a remote upload.
Secondly, it does indeed pass through "shackimg.com" - because you are uploading the images TO shackimg.com. If you use any other website, it will pass through THAT website. Any other calls to websites are calls to the index page of each site of each XML file to determine the location of the favicon, which is displayed in the "profiles" list, along with the obtained favicon URL.

Lastly, i'm not "keeping" or doing anything with anybody's images. It simply uploads them to the given website, determined by the XML file you choose to use or create.

Assumptions are the mother of all facepalms. If you would like to know anything, feel free to ask, not assume i'm trying to steal worthless information. It would be far wiser to steal the keystrokes, not the images. I'm doing neither. I simply made a freeware application for whoever wants to use it. FYI, wireshark will show you anything you need to know. It's far better than the tool you are using.

If you require any references, feel free to look here: http://www.wjunction.com/64-webmaster-resources/149294-[freeware]-chevereto-universal-desktop-application.html

I'm very well known there, and have coded countless applications and sites for users there. Or google "jayfella extremecoderz".

Then as I said, the call to shackimg would be to the BaseUrl, and to the obtained FavIcon. I assume you have the ShackImg XML file in your data directory? If you delete it, there is no way at all it would contact shackimg.

Then as I said, the call to shackimg would be to the BaseUrl, and to the obtained FavIcon. I assume you have the ShackImg XML file in your data directory? If you delete it, there is no way at all it would contact shackimg.

the only xml i have is the freshimg.com one

Here you can see the two calls. To the BaseUrl, and the FavIcon. You can also see a search of the entire solution does not reveal "shackImg.com".

NqQ9z.png

The application is calling shackimg url when uploading to freshimg only. If you block shackimg's ip you will notice that the upload fails. I also noticed the ip 37.34.54.142 and 108.161.187.128, but that must be your server..

37.34.54.142 is my server's IP address, which it contacts to check for new versions via: https://extremecoderz.com/downloads/chevman/currentver.txt

I don't even own shackimg.com - i found it here, along with a few others, to test out how robust it was with different sites. It doesnt contact any website to do anything, or carry out any task other than the original post states.

Thanks for the welcoming reception, by the way. Much appreciated. Attacked for creating something useful for free. Nice.

Thanks for the welcoming reception, by the way. Much appreciated. Attacked for creating something useful for free. Nice.

Not attacking you, I'm just trying to make sure the application it's safe to use. You should try to see it from my point of view, you are a new member, not a client that suddenly comes here to share a desktop application. It could be anything, it can be a genuine application, but we need to make sure it is so Chevereto clients don't get their sites in any trouble.

Anyway, the application it's very nice, I wish you the best of luck with it.

Regarding shackimg ip being called, you can try this yourself, just download Microsoft Network Monitor and use freshimg profile.

Freshimg is using cdn to host there images so the ip between main site server and image site server is different
it according to your location which cdn server you r hitting

freshimg api key is freshimg

Not attacking you, I'm just trying to make sure the application it's safe to use. You should try to see it from my point of view, you are a new member, not a client that suddenly comes here to share a desktop application. It could be anything, it can be a genuine application, but we need to make sure it is so Chevereto clients don't get their sites in any trouble.

Anyway, the application it's very nice, I wish you the best of luck with it.

Regarding shackimg ip being called, you can try this yourself, just download Microsoft Network Monitor and use freshimg profile.

Fair enough. I understand. I guess it becomes tiresome very quickly when you are being assessed for "malware practices". Regardless, I understand what you are saying, and understand why you checked it out.

I checked through the code to ensure I didnt leave any static URL's inside the application, which I used in development before I created the XML reader, and couldnt find anything. Maybe they're on the same server, who knows. All I can say is that there are no static URL's inside the application other than the extremecoderz ones, which are there for update checks, and the contact us/visit us button. All other URLs are dynamic, taken from the XML files.

@anmongill - I'm not entirely sure about the inner workings of the API, but i gather that the key can be "ignored" if the site owner configures it that way. I came across a lot of sites during testing that didnt require any key at all, and worked fine.

The application was designed for website owners to create their profile and ship it on their site, and not download it from extremecoderz directly. This way the application would be configured and ready to rock n roll. Shipping it with "pre-created" profiles would be a bit of "unfair favouritism", though i suspect i'll be creating some kind of updatability list in the future, and allow people to download and use a maintained list of profiles.

Anyway - Some "suggestions" have been reported on other sites, and will be implemented in an update either today or tomorrow.

Please feel free to offer any suggestions and i'll add them as quickly as I can.

I will like to review this app when I get to my workstation (I'm on the south of Chile now) and if everything looks neat I think that I could hook it into the .com website. I've sent you a email, hope we can chat a bit.

Will wait this this is fully checked out, but initial tests on my site seem fine. All I did was make my own config file and try it out though. Didn't look too much into it.

When there is an .xml file in the /data/ directory I get a;

"Chevereto Universal Uploader has stopped working" error.

Anyone else getting that. And yes .NET 4.0 is installed.

@Rodolfo - I have replied to your email.

@Shan/Lautaro - Correct, it currently requires .net 4.0 FULL, however im pretty sure I could compile it with the client profile in future, which would work on both the "client" or "full" installs of .net 4. People often get confused between the difference. If it works for either, the confusion would be gone.

@Rodolfo - I have replied to your email.

@Shan/Lautaro - Correct, it currently requires .net 4.0 FULL, however im pretty sure I could compile it with the client profile in future, which would work on both the "client" or "full" installs of .net 4. People often get confused between the difference. If it works for either, the confusion would be gone.

I've got the full installed on my PC (checked in the registry, and it's definately there) and it still just stops working (with the windows error message).

I've never had this issue before. And it only happens when there is an XML in the /data/ folder.

This is a nice looking desktop application, can't wait to try it out.
You can never be to safe these days, so I think we all appreciate that some one takes the time to check the code out. Just as well as we appreciate that you take your time to create such a nice tool and even for free. ^_^

Thank You!

I've got the full installed on my PC (checked in the registry, and it's definately there) and it still just stops working (with the windows error message).

I've never had this issue before. And it only happens when there is an XML in the /data/ folder.

Can you post the contents of the xml file here in CODE bbcode, please? It may just be malformed XML.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<settings>
    <SiteName>Imagize</SiteName>
    <BaseUrl>http://www.imagize.me/</BaseUrl&gt
    <ApiUrl>http://www.imagize.me/api.php</ApiUrl>
    <ApiKey>2883719293</ApiKey>
    <UserAgent>Imagize Desktop Uploader</UserAgent>
</settings>

There we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.