• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[Free] Chevereto Universal Desktop Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I can see here:

Just replace the line with this:
Code:
<BaseUrl>http://www.imagize.me/</BaseUrl>

Omg /facepalm

Every time something goes wrong, It's always something that's extremely obvious.

Anyway some suggestions;

Having this as an installer would be fantastic (which I could do myself but don't have time) which just places a shortcut to the desktop, creates an autorun for the application (optional) and then places the xml and .exe in the program files directory. This would make the installation much nicer....and auto update (which is a bit more challenging) which would just connect to the server and replace the .exe and .dll file in the installation directory.

Making it customizable would be great as well. Such as adding the option if the user can change the website to upload to, changing the icon for the program and what not. As I honestly wouldn't have a clue as how to begin to edit the program.

But other than that, this is fantastic!

To startup with windows, open the window by clicking the tray icon and selecting "open window" - from there you can choose "Startup with windows" from the "Settings" tab:

O2yJd.png

You can also switch between profiles from the "profiles" tab. Just create however many xml files you want and put them in the /data/ directory.

I'm currently in the process of making an installer, auto-updater and an in-app profile creator. Your suggestion to change the tray icon based on profile selection is a good idea, and will be implemented :)

To startup with windows, open the window by clicking the tray icon and selecting "open window" - from there you can choose "Startup with windows" from the "Settings" tab:

O2yJd.png

You can also switch between profiles from the "profiles" tab. Just create however many xml files you want and put them in the /data/ directory.

I'm currently in the process of making an installer, auto-updater and an in-app profile creator. Your suggestion to change the tray icon based on profile selection is a good idea, and will be implemented :)

Thanks mate! And what I was talking about the statup and the profiles, is not how to do it (I've explored the functionality of the script), but actually setting it in concrete so users CAN'T change it.

So when the script is installed, the XML of my website is embedded within the application and can't be changed (to make the program look more "customized", if you get what I mean). And by the statup, have a setting on the program install. Other thank that, this is amazing! Would be awesome of this would run-through AUS system on the site (user system) to keep track of the uploaded images site wide (not just in the application itself).

Oh i see what you mean now. hmm. I'm not sure about that. I actually think being able to switch profiles is a good addition, because if one site is down, it doesn't render the application useless, you can just select another profile. This was one of the biggest annoyances I had with screenSnapr and other clones.

In regards to uploading directly to users accounts, I did try at first to do that, but there is some kind of flash protection generating the boundaries that I couldn't figure out. I'll see what rodolfo thinks and let you know the outcome. Bypassing protection without authorisation can get people in hot water :p

This tool is fantastic :p i love that Capture Selection option.

small question though, does it hide settings some where else then the data folder ?, i mean if i set it to "show main window on startup" and then zip all the files after that and puts it online for my users to download.
will they also have it start with those settings? i just woke up , but i ended up opening it 5 times, before i noticed it was just opened in my taskbar hehe

hope you can figure out, some way to make it possible to login, in the uploader and thereby upload to your user profile or maybe if its possible to just mark if you want to upload the pictures private or public, so there is a way to hide them from the galleries. ( for those that use image galleries )

Hi.

All settings data is stored in "/data/configuration.srx" - if you give that file to someone else, they will also have the same settings. All information regarding the application is stored in the /data/ directory and nowhere else.

Right now only the direct link is returned. If you right-click the link in the app, it will copy it to the clipboard. Rather than play around with URLs, I could just add a context menu to the link in the app to provide the various different codes, such as BBCode, HTML code, etc.. if that would be of any use?

Hello Jayfella, very good job. I have only a little question:

Why are you developing this tool for free for all chevereto users? I saw that you are not a Client of chevereto. What are your goals?

Cheers

@jayfella
Right, I'm not forced to use it.
But I beg to inform other clients here to what I found.
And I`d like to ask you: How do you explain this find?
Are you using a special packer for compiling, or how do you explain these finds ?
Excuse me, I don`t want to imply you bad means, but I think the question from Gunz is legit:
"Why are you developing this tool for free for all chevereto users? I saw that you are not a Client of chevereto. What are your goals?"

It most probably fails on cheap/crap anti-virus software because the code is obfusticated. It doesnt know whether or not it is a virus, so it just reports a false positive.

Anyway.

Edit: 1.0.3 will be released tomorrow.

Not to take sides, but I have to agree on the AV software. I used to have a free AV that found "trojans" in anything and nothing. But after getting a paid license with kaspersky and Symantech, I haven't had any issues nor any infections.
Apart from that it's always nice to hear when people find it nevertheless :)
But I have tested it my self now on my works computer and their windows AV and it's clean there as well.

Don't get me wrong: Besides the fact that I am not using "cheap/crap" free AV software, and besides the fact that I know false positives ;-) , I am just cautious in using software that a new member, not a client, is posting here. Sorry @jayfella really don't want to bother you.

My goal is simple. I own a small software company called extremecoderz.com. By creating popular freeware applications, the company advertises its abilities and name by means of "fair-deal trade". Chevereto distributes the product, I have my little "About Us" page in the app. They get a good app, I get good advertising. Its a very common practice.

The software is obfusticated yes. Although obfustication is pretty useless for those that know what to look for, it primarily prevents the code from being decompiled and being instantly "copy-pastable". Most of the code will be garbled, largely unreadable and will not compile.

I am a self-employed programmer, and sole owner of extremecoderz.com - I have been self employed for the past 4 years. This trade is my livelihood and full time job. I am certainly not interested in creating malware. My only interest is to continue to grow, learn, and pay my bills :) I can't prove without doubt to everybody that it doesn't contain a virus. All I have is my word, and say that you are free to google "jayfella extremecoderz" and make your own mind up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back