• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Dockerizing Chevereto V3

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Dear all,

I'm making Chevereto V3 more container friendly, my intention is to use containers as the new default way to provision the software servicing. As is tradition in our culture, we come from many different provisioning strategies and I will respect that so I'm doing this docker image in such way that all existing ways to provision the software won't cause any conflict.

My goal is to make the software friendly for swapable provisioning, that way you can migrate from/to docker without any major caveat. Think about this as a server that you can "plug" in the fly: https://github.com/chevereto/v3-docker

Note that this container strategy applies to any Chevereto based project: Chevereto V3, Chevereto-Free and the Installer. You are welcome to collaborate, there are some issues needing help!

With this we will be able to deploy Chevereto in any ephemeral system (like Heroku et al). The code-level optimizations include:
  • Use of ENV variables for database credentials
  • Uses external storage for local assets
  • Logging to stderror
  • Redis session handling
The project is a work-in-progress, it will be pushed to docker hub when ready. For now, you need to clone the repo and build the image locally from the Dockerfile folder:

Code:
docker build -t chevereto:v3-docker .

Hope you like the update!

Back