• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Customizable EU Policy (Example Attached)

akchev

Chevereto Member
Cookie.jpg
Hi @Rodolfo and Chevereto community,

I think it would be nice if we can customize the EU policy because it can also act as a Age Verification check system as well. This is important (for me) because I'd like for all of my users to be at least 18 years of age. Although my site does not allow adult content, the advertisements are geared for people 18+ (E.g., banner ads for products that people need to be 18+ for)

Check out the idea I had -- I hope you guys like this, it kills 2 birds with 1 stone + if it's customizable you can write and/or link to whatever you'd like in it!

(image attached)

To be specific, my idea is to be able to customize it with an Enter / Exit type of mock-up with the ability to edit what you'd like written (or linked) in the main content + for the exit link. However, it opens the doors for me (personally) to use it as an Age Check too. Anyway, hope you guys like and its accepted. Thanks regardless!

E.g., the "exit" link can be <a href="whateveryouwant" rel="nofollow"></a>

Last edited:
Official it is the law that visitors must have agree with the cookies. So yes for me.

Yup, and in USA there is minimum age requirements even if its not an adult based site. A long time ago I suggested extended sign-up forms which admin can set min/max age and limit gender as well. Not only its law but it can help serving ads to the right demographic if you know the gender.

E.g., show these ads to females, those ads to males.

But yea, after seeing this neat EU that shows; thought it can be customized to knock out a lot of things at once.

Anyway, hopefully its done.

Yup, and in USA there is minimum age requirements even if its not an adult based site. A long time ago I suggested extended sign-up forms which admin can set min/max age and limit gender as well. Not only its law but it can help serving ads to the right demographic if you know the gender.

But yea, after seeing this neat EU that shows; thought it can be customized to knock out a lot of things at once.

Check out my post from way back ...

I mention it here in this post in #2

The problem in The Netherlands is that if a site has not a agree function that we can get a hefty fine.

The problem in The Netherlands is that if a site has not a agree function that we can get a hefty fine.

I'm sure. Yea, it's always best to do things properly.

For the USA, age is very important.

If the site/script is for "all ages" then anyone from 13 to 17 can not communicate (or be visible) to anyone 18+

Also, all advertisements must be generic for all ages.

However, if you create a niche site (like how I am doing) that's geared for people 18+ only -- although it's non-adult -- we must know their age and they must agree with terms of service.

Click "I agree" at the very least. But Min Age for sure.

It's the law.

Official it is the law that visitors must have agree with the cookies. So yes for me.
Only if those cookies are used to track visits for a third party. You don't need the cookie law for login and other system cookies.

Only if those cookies are used to track visits for a third party. You don't need the cookie law for login and other system cookies.

Oke I have checkt this again, and Yes you have right, only when there are tracking cookies, users must be agreed to use them. ! :)

Age verification will be added in a different way so I think that editing the cookie law message to fill that gap won't be needed.

What you think?

Age verification will be added in a different way so I think that editing the cookie law message to fill that gap won't be needed.

What you think?

Still a Customizable EU Policy would be great. I currently edit the file to put notice to visitors or display promotional messages.

I agree, if you want to forge stuff then do it at your own because if you will use the cookie message to put ads that is totally different story.

Regarding the cookie law, far as I'm concerned the cookie law is only mandatory if the website is hosted in the EU and it doesn't require an "accept" button. It just requires a message that needs the user attention / action.

http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm#section_2

Finally, cookie law message can be changed by doing language overrides so this could be considered filled. Anyway, I will reject this suggestion.

Last edited:
Back