• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

custom watermark & license key related query

yogi

Chevereto Member
Hey All,

So first query is about watermark. Is it possible or do anyone know how to implement watermarking system where any registered users can have his/her username or website.com/username added to photo's corner as a watermark?

Another query is, We are given a license key to run the licensed version of cheverto. I am planning to have some development on my server, on chevereto site as well as another site. My query is what if my third party developer steals my key and hosts somewhere, how can i control it or even can i come to know if my key is being used without my permission or how can i track if my key is getting used where or on how many sites.

Thanks .

The license gets banned. Is your responsibility to keep the license safe.

Wow direct ban.. thats good answer.. And how it will get banned ? how will you come to know that if "I" am using or not using my key on another server or something illegal or activity against cheverto's TOC has happen with key ?

N/w license keys should get changed or should be different per site, which must get generated in our dashboard. Anyway i was expecting a better answer from you.

Please refer to the EULA:

The Customer may not:
  • Sell, offer, assign, license, disclose, distribute, or otherwise transfer or make available the Software or its Source Code, in whole or in part, in any form to any third parties

This restriction is because you are the sole responsible of who use your license. Keep in mind that the license is a digital good that grant you access to download and use my software. If you get a third-party to get access to that license and if that third-party "do stuff" with the license then it is your responsibility.

You either ask your dev to get another license to work with the thing or you make a contract asking this third-party to get you a new license or something like that in the event of license abuse. Basically, just like I don't take the responsibility for your doings, you neither should do it for your dev. Your dev must take the responsibility of his doings, not you.

Back