• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto v4.0 "macanudo" announcement

Per-user API still doesn't seem to be implemented in beta 5. Will this be implemented before the official release?
Yes, but it will roll out progressively. For V4.0 you can expect to be able to interact with the upload API endpoint on a per-user key basis.

Yes, but it will roll out progressively. For V4.0 you can expect to be able to interact with the upload API endpoint on a per-user key basis.

Am I correct in assuming the v1 api key generated in beta 5 is deprecated? Because if not I have a new bug report to file :)

I hope 4.0 version can support media files as soon as possible, which makes me very frustrated. I display the program as my product. If I don't support media, I dare not upload my pictures, because if I upload media files later, it is a huge workload for me.

Well, sharex doesn't work on v4 but does on v3. Should I submit a bug report or has the way API works on v4 changed and sharex is the one I should be submitting the bug report to?

Well, sharex doesn't work on v4 but does on v3. Should I submit a bug report or has the way API works on v4 changed and sharex is the one I should be submitting the bug report to?
V4 is beta software, you shouldn't expect to work reliable same as V3. I've mentioned several times that this is a complete rewrite, so please don't assume that if something works in V3 then it works "by default" in V4.

Any issue you may find must be reported to the bug report section, following the guidelines or I will get mad. :(

V4 is beta software, you shouldn't expect to work reliable same as V3. I've mentioned several times that this is a complete rewrite, so please don't assume that if something works in V3 then it works "by default" in V4.

Any issue you may find must be reported to the bug report section, following the guidelines or I will get mad. :(

Sure, thanks. I know its beta software and don't expect everything to work. :D

I'll toss up a bug report in a bit, thanks.

Hey there, another small update post here. There are some things that I need to share with you:

1. I think that we could aim to ship V4.0 production in April 2022. This is because within one month I will ship beta 6, then beta 7 which I hope it will be the last one for V4.0. 📆 I will announce the new release schedule in February which should slip just a couple months or so.

2. At this this time I'm working in improving how you debug your Chevereto installation, which will erase the miserable experience of having to set debug_level=3 and the pain of having to search the error in an endless error_log file. This will also hook to the error handlers, so it could be also used as an easy to use monitor system. No more plain text! and welcome to easy copy/share options.

🤗 I know that delays aren't ideal, but keep in mind that there are two massive new features that weren't under any consideration: Palettes + XR Debugger.

We are getting better, and closer! 😘Thanks for your support.

Hi @Rodolfo

As we are nearing beta 9 any update on the new release schedule for the V4. Because as per the last reply beta 7 should be the last one but I understand. Also you mentioned you will update by February hence asking.

I am not bothered about the delays and ready to wait for a full fledged production ready V4. Also, V4 has improved a lot from what "visually" looked like a small upgrade from V3 to now an entirely different beast packed with plenty of new features.

However, V3 now feels dated as it has not received any new features in a long time and only bug fixes in last few updates. As v3 is the only production ready software, it would be nice to add some features while we wait for V4 production version.

As you said, V3 is production LTS which means stability, thus lack of new features. It is also on long term support so don't expect updates on V3 beyond maintenance, which also takes time, it is what keep your websites working but it is way boring for news.

Back