• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto v4.0 "macanudo" announcement

2021-09-21

Error handling keeps getting better as now it address /json calls. Take a look on how the system logs a fatal error when trying to send email without setup:

1632235568369.png

On left, you can see the output for Docker logs command listening on /dev/stderr:

Code:
docker logs chevereto-v4-dev_bootstrap -f 1>/dev/null

On right, that's the error display for end users.

This is another implementation for the multi-channel error handling, which enables us to finally provide a saner way to debug XHR actions in Chevereto V4.

4.0 will support video and tags or we will have to wait until 4.1?

Also I wanna join the beta program if that's possible.

How long will it be before us who purchased way back can get v4.0? Since now you only have claim button for those who purchased after specific date.

How long will it be before us who purchased way back can get v4.0? Since now you only have claim button for those who purchased after specific date.
Perhaps next week, we still have to change a lot of the existing delivery system.

But don't kill yourselves for it. Current V4 status is raw beta, not even with docs, installer support, nada nor usable in production. The priority was to grant access to all those who purchased early access to V4 and we delivered that promise 😘.

There will be enough time to upgrade from previous licensing, no need to rush for it.

Good evening
I just saw that I could use V4 beta1 for testing.
But for this license it is noted: "exchange now".
Apart from that, I don't want to lose the V3 license which is in production.
But it is possible that the term exchange in translation is not good.
I am waiting for your feedback to access the v4 license page and do local tests.
Regards
GP

Hello and thank you
Download for test under wamp in php 8.0.x
GP

Thanks for this answer and sorry for the bad language used by my last post.

Hello and thank you for the clarification.
However if I create the setting file, is it possible to make it work or do I need other parameters?
Gpinpin

Google Translate:
This is great, I can't wait to use the V4 version, thank you.
For third-party login suggestions, can you add support for Tencent QQ and WeChat (because this is friendly in China, everyone is used to it) Sincerely, Xiaoman 1221
原文:
这太棒了,我已经等不及要用V4版本了,谢谢您。
对于第三方登录的建议,可以加上对腾讯QQ和微信的支持吗(因为这在中国是友好的,大家都习惯了) 小满1221敬上

Can i upgrade my exist site to the V4 ? Also is there some screens from the new UI ?
Our goal at this point is that everybody try the beta in their own dev setups and I can't recommend to upgrade production systems to V4 at this time.

Current V4.0 release status is under beta development preview and we expect to get it ready for production later this year or early as January 2022. Ideally, you will try V4 under Docker and perhaps later this month you could to try it elsewhere (I can't guarantee that at this time as I've to release V3.20.13 in between). I must insist in that V3.20 is still the production standard.

Regarding the user interface, that upgrade came in V3.20 and the UI in V4.0 beta looks exactly the same as V3.20 (except for the new error handling system). Check here and here for screens.

Back