• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto v4.0 "macanudo" announcement

Hey there.
Can't wait to try that new version :)
Thanks Rodolfo for your impressive hard work.

Simple question: how do we know for sure our licence is v4 compatible? Through the client panel? :)

How do other users who purchased before "September 2020" able to get "Beta Access". Do they need to buy another license or you will add an upgrade option with small fees in the user panel?

Thanks

All orders before September 2020 will require to pay the upgrade fee. This was mentioned in the blog post, please read before asking.

Update: I suggest you read my post properly before asking me to read before posting.

I have asked

"Do they need to buy another license or you will add an upgrade option with small fees in the user panel?"

As of now, I can see only one option to pay for the whole script. There is no option to pay for that small upgrade fee. So my question is will you add that option in the same panel or the payment needs to be done in a different way as it is only 30 days left.

Last edited:
How do other users who purchased before "September 2020" able to get "Beta Access". Do they need to buy another license or you will add an upgrade option with small fees in the user panel?

Thanks
All orders before September 2020 will require to pay the upgrade fee.

$30 per domain.

@Rodolfo will I be able to upgrade a v.3 docker install to v.4 for the beta? I'm all in for beta testing on my self-hosted docker homelab!

(waiting for more work :D)
IMG_20210824_155429.jpg

@tomsit Howdy!

I want to replace the update system completely so upgrade from V3 to V4 beta won't be a day one feature. So far I don't know yet how it's going to be but I guess that it will be another docker container used just for that purpose.

@tomsit Howdy!

I want to replace the update system completely so upgrade from V3 to V4 beta won't be a day one feature. So far I don't know yet how it's going to be but I guess that it will be another docker container used just for that purpose.

Great! I believe testing this thing for real with docker is the way to go. Just look at the community around self hosting, it's huge.

Great! I believe testing this thing for real with docker is the way to go. Just look at the community around self hosting, it's huge.
🥳We already got V4 dev setup for docker, and we are building the images at ghcr https://github.com/chevereto/docker/blob/4.0/DEV.md

We also have dev setup for V3.20: https://github.com/chevereto/docker/blob/3.20/DEV.md

🔥Of course, V3 production also! https://github.com/chevereto/docker/blob/3.20/COMPOSE.md which is now the standard required to submit bugs.

Hey there, almost time!

I will release V4.0.0.beta.1 on September 30, available for all customers (no need to request access for it). I will carry up to 3 months of beta testing before shipping V4.0.0.

We can afford this new initiative as V3.20 is stable and mature to allow room for user provided feedback at this development stage. This evolves from the old formula where we shipped the software "done" and I nagged a while about compatibility issues. We're trying to pin these server issues early in development and that's why I will beta release that long.

We're getting closer!

Thank you for your support.

Hi Rodolfo
I don't want to use it on this domin for the chevereto anymore. Can I change a domain?
I want to use one of the other domains. If it's okay i will change the domain lic.., when not I'll buy a new license, but I wanted to ask, maybe it will help someone.
A milion dolar question is on V4 lic update or its free for old customers ?

" We're trying to pin these server issues early in development and that's why I will beta release that long. " I did not go on board for a long time, but the developments have i found been very good.

Last edited:
Can I change a domain?
Yes.

A milion dolar question is on V4 lic update or its free for old customers ?
There will be a upgrade fee during the beta which will be $30 for existing customers.

After beta ends (first trimester 2022) there won't be any upgrade option anymore, just full license pricing. We want to make it cheaper for those who will help us during beta and there will be plenty time to enjoy the offer.

2021-09-18

Hello, another work in progress report.

🥳 Let's start by mentioning that V4.0.0.beta.1 is almost ready and we are doing the final tests before going public! At this time the software is testable and what have happened for the last month is that I've been modernizing all the existing codebase (called "legacy") to a stricter code standard.

V4.0.0.beta.1 is functional equivalent to V3 as the priority is to deliver a drop-in replacement for V3.20. During the beta process, V4.0 beta will evolve to provide the new features announced. To make the process saner for everybody, the new error handling have been a priority as the easier that you can report us bugs the faster we will be able to fix those.

Here's how it looks like:
1631976292273.png
We have published a FAQ covering V4, here: https://blog.chevereto.com/chevereto-v4-faq/

V4.0 beta aims to make public available the work-in-progress soon as it gets produced. All development will be carried on our private GitHub repo where all license holders will be able to access to it and get the DRM-free code continuously delivered.

For those not in beta testing don't worry, V3.20 will keep delivering solid functionality for years and we don't plan to get rid of it anytime soon.

We are closer than ever!

Um is 5.10.47 supposto be Linux Kernel version? If so then it's a bad idea to expose that to visitor. Since then visitor who has skills knows exact kernel version that server uses and can look for exploits to hack into server. I would suggest you to remove exposing this part to visitors. Since it's a bad idea to show exact which kernel that server has got.

Um is 5.10.47 supposto be Linux Kernel version? If so then it's a bad idea to expose that to visitor. Since then visitor who has skills knows exact kernel version that server uses and can look for exploits to hack into server. I would suggest you to remove exposing this part to visitors. Since it's a bad idea to show exact which kernel that server has got.
😉 Long as it runs in production mode it won't leak any sensitive system information.
1632153069518.png

The only info public exposed is the time and incident ID. Internally, this is how it logs the full error (pay attention to the id):

1632153107083.png

Chevereto V4 has support for multi-channel output streams, and out of one single event it can create a myriad of error reporting documents:

1632153186821.png

If you notice the code above, withIsDebug is set to false. That's the flag that makes the error silent for public.

Is it possible to add an option when the website show error for users, where we can allow them to report to admin by clicking on a link and so admin get an email about the error?

Because I do see error in logs but I never notice until someone email us.

Update: it is better to have automated system notification to admin

Last edited:
Is it possible to add an option when the website show error for users, where we can allow them to report to admin by clicking on a link and so admin get an email about the error?
There's an RFC section where you can request features to be considered for development.

I believe that system admins will appreciate more having automated system notifications rather than users having to report you back.

Back