• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto v3.7.1 update failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkerala

👽 Chevereto Freak
I tried to update my chevereto installation to latest v3.7.1 and it run sucessfully. But the version was still showing 3.7.0 even after update. So I run it again and getting below error

Update failed
  • 15:06:18 Can't connect to %s
  • 15:06:16 Installed version is v3.7.0
Site: http://gifyu.com

Ok. I have paused cloudflare on the entire site. Now all traffic going through my server. Still upgrade fails. also endless scroll broken and upload not working.

Send me FTP access, I will check it on monday or in some spare time in the weekend.

I didn't have any issue uploading images and the explorer thing has been fixed. The patch will be included in v3.7.2

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

I didn't have any issue uploading images and the explorer thing has been fixed. The patch will be included in v3.7.2

Cheers,
Rodolfo.
My dashboard still list version as Chevereto version3.7.0 and shows update available.

For me images are uploading but stuck on the 100% complete page. It is not giving the image links. Please see attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 5
I just tested and my changes were overwritten. I have changed it again, try to don't override my code editing.

For me images are uploading but stuck on the 100% complete page. It is not giving the image links. Please see attached screenshot.
I can't replicate that. Provide me more details to try to replicate the issue.

My dashboard still list version as Chevereto version3.7.0 and shows update available.
I didn't accessed to your Dashboard. What you get when you update the website?

Last edited:
I just tested and my changes were overwritten. I have changed it again, try to don't override my code editing.

I can't replicate that. Provide me more details to try to replicate the issue.

I didn't accessed to your Dashboard. What you get when you update the website?

I think when I tried the update again it overrides your change.

When I do the update it shows already updated. But dashboard still show old version and update available message.

When the update says that everything is OK but the version shown is still the old version, the problem is an aggressive server cache. In that situation the auto-update won't work as expected and you will need to flush your server cache. Even uploading from FTP won't work as expected due to the aggressive cache, so you need to flush the file cache or deactivate it when trying to update.

Try to disable the cache when you perform an update, and to fix the explore issue open lib/G/functions.render.php and replace this:
PHP:
if(!ob_start('ob_gzhandler')) ob_start();

With this:
PHP:
if(ob_get_level() === 0 and !ob_start('ob_gzhandler')) ob_start();

When the update says that everything is OK but the version shown is still the old version, the problem is an aggressive server cache. In that situation the auto-update won't work as expected and you will need to flush your server cache. Even uploading from FTP won't work as expected due to the aggressive cache, so you need to flush the file cache or deactivate it when trying to update.

Try to disable the cache when you perform an update, and to fix the explore issue open lib/G/functions.render.php and replace this:
PHP:
if(!ob_start('ob_gzhandler')) ob_start();

With this:
PHP:
if(ob_get_level() === 0 and !ob_start('ob_gzhandler')) ob_start();

I haven't enabled any form of caching on the server. Its a plain ngnix installation on Ubuntu server.

Anyway I have turned off sendfile in niginx config and rebooted the server and tried updating. Still no luck, the dashboard shows old version.

Like I said, there is a sever cache in your server that is caching files and not allowing the update to properly replace the old files.

I have noticed opcache in that server and most likely is not properly configured. Before you ask we don't provide support for server misconfigurations.

I have fixed some bugs in update.php, but still it won't work in your server. Problem is that PHP doesn't have permission over the Chevereto folder. You need to run suPHP or anything that will grant permission to PHP over that folder.

Alternatively you can perfom a manual update (FTP).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back