• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto 3 Long Term Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds very generous to me, your priority should be v4, kinda like MS lifecycle I suppose, but you are one man, I think STS would be better, but hey, that's just me ;)

The LTS aims to keep providing a reliable software while the new version is on the works and also when, already released, it will have to carry an adoption process. I don't want to force the upgrade process so I want to give the guarantee that V3 will work as expected for a reasonable period of time.

The LTS aims to keep providing a reliable software while the new version is on the works and also when, already released, it will have to carry an adoption process. I don't want to force the upgrade process so I want to give the guarantee that V3 will work as expected for a reasonable period of time.
Thank you very much for these 3 year LTS period 👏👍

I am not sure I understood everything... But as everybody seems to be happy with it, I will be too.
A question though: Does it mean that after November 2022 my Founder License will expire and will have to be renewed / upgraded to Chevereto 4 ?

Does it mean that after November 2022 my Founder License will expire and will have to be renewed / upgraded to Chevereto 4 ?

It literally means that until Nov 2022 Chevereto 3 will keep getting updates and support.

You should be able to keep running V3 for an even longer period of time long as you provide the server requirements (just like any software). But it will be get problematic longer as you keep doing it. In any case, I've the intention to open source V3 for those that still want to use and don't just put the foot on top of it and kill it. I think that the most civilized way to carry all these changes (mainly, the change to Open Source) is by giving all the time needed to settle down and make a better software out of it.

I'm sure that V3 will get replaced and improved by V4 just like V3 completely eradicated V2 in the previous cycle. What I still don't know it how long is going to take so that's why the three years of LTS.

I hope that V4 looks good enough to you to consider the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back