• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto 3.4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
grate update, but there need to be two options for CDN, antire website or just hosted images.
In my case, i'm using cloudflare for main website for security reasons, and for hosted files i'm using cdnsun

Please forgive me my ignorance, but I really need to clarify this topic. If I use CDN service, does it mean that the static data won´t be on my server (where Chevereto runs) but only and exclusively on servers of CDN service? Or will the data be both on my server and on CDN´s servers? In other words: will I save place on my own server by using CDN?

Guys, this is not CloudFront support. If you have issues go to CloudFront support. Remember that your origin server may block the CDN from pulling the content and you also need to actually configure the pull zone for all the thins that you want to allow/disavow. I've tested CF and it worked, I shared the settings and if it doesn't work for you then you need to dig it at your server layer or read the documentation regarding CF settings.

Last edited:
Please forgive me my ignorance, but I really need to clarify this topic. If I use CDN service, does it mean that the static data won´t be on my server (where Chevereto runs) but only and exclusively on servers of CDN service? Or will the data be both on my server and on CDN´s servers? In other words: will I save place on my own server by using CDN?

CDN is distribution, not storage. It takes data from an origin and distribute it using edge servers. Is used to makes websites faster by using cache and by using the closest edge server to the target visitor to retrieve the content. The origin could be any resource with public access that is the original copy of the content and people rather than direct access to that resource it uses the CDN for this.

No, you won't save disk space by using a CDN. You will save bandwidth in your origin server using a CDN, but in the other hand the CDN bandwidth has it costs.

grate update, but there need to be two options for CDN, antire website or just hosted images.
In my case, i'm using cloudflare for main website for security reasons, and for hosted files i'm using cdnsun

When you use a CDN the thing that happens is that the CDN will pull the content from an origin. So the CDN can pull this over CloudFlare (which is totally absurd) or you can add an special rule in CloudFlare to don't cache your images (\.jpg|png|gif) so the CDN will pull the content directly from your website.

I've used CloudFlare and the CDN is not that good, the ddos protection is also bad. And I was using the business plan back then.

Edit: Read this http://support.maxcdn.com/howto/use-cdn-with-cloudflare/

Last edited:
Hi Mr.Rodolfo I wanted to know if the user uploads a photo it will be upload on the server or the CDN?
Because the price depends on whether you store or you use bandwidth.

Thanks for you answer !

Hi ahmewali.
This has been answered above.

CDN is distribution, not storage. It takes data from an origin and distribute it using edge servers. Is used to makes websites faster by using cache and by using the closest edge server to the target visitor to retrieve the content. The origin could be any resource with public access that is the original copy of the content and people rather than direct access to that resource it uses the CDN for this.

No, you won't save disk space by using a CDN. You will save bandwidth in your origin server using a CDN, but in the other hand the CDN bandwidth has it costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back