• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto 3.4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Chevereto 3.4.3 (2014-08-20)
- Added CDN support
- Added Italian translation
- Improved user route
- Improved modal boxes
- Fixed bug with Peafowl grow alerts not closing
- Fixed bug with create album from image
- Fixed bug with admin create user
- Updated French, Finnish, German, Persian Russian and Spanish translations
- Updated G\ to 1.0.15

Affected files and folders (from 3.4.2)
- app/
- lib/

Check the README.txt for install and update instructions and http://chevereto.com/docs

Hi, can you help me how to use CDN ? Just put a URL to setting ? And when user upload an images it will put to CDN too ? I really dont know :s sorry

Yea, I think there needs to be a little more documentation on the CDN. I am using S3 and for some reason after I enabled the CDN and entered in my "s01.mysite.com.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com" My site template disappeared.

Thank you

Hi, can you help me how to use CDN ? Just put a URL to setting ? And when user upload an images it will put to CDN too ? I really dont know :s sorry

It will apply to every static file (CSS, JS and images) and yes it will be also apply for the embed codes.

Yea, I think there needs to be a little more documentation on the CDN. I am using S3 and for some reason after I enabled the CDN and entered in my "s01.mysite.com.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com" My site template disappeared.

Thank you

You must set up a pull to make it work. For instance in the demo the CDN URL is http://chv-demo.chevereto.netdna-cdn.com/ and that pulls content directly from http://demo.chevereto.com

Hi @Rodolfo , how to use pull with amazon s3 ? Last time i'm use with wp, just put api key or something like that. Now i dont know how to do it :v can you explain it

just put the link cloudfront like that and do nothing, right ? Or need setup something on my server ? it hard to make it work :( fist time using CDN, sorry

CloudFront can use S3 as the origin of all the files, it would be grand to have the AWS API introduced to copy the css, images, etc to S3 and have it use CF as the CDN, and IMO using this pull method is quite obscure to other platforms like Joomla/WP as they simply do the AWS API with S3/CF.

CloudFront can use S3 as the origin of all the files, it would be grand to have the AWS API introduced to copy the css, images, etc to S3 and have it use CF as the CDN, and IMO using this pull method is quite obscure to other platforms like Joomla/WP as they simply do the AWS API with S3/CF.

You can use anything as the origin for a CDN service, using S3 as origin is just an Amazon thing to make S3 cheaper. If you really need a CDN I think that AWS is not the best option (either by pricing and features). When I tested MaxCDN the CDN was ready in less than 30 seconds and with Amazon I created the zone like one hour ago and is still pending. Sadly I can't do any more tests right now because the thing is not propagated yet.

Anyway, If I later add S3 you will still need to do the pull zone to make CloudFront to work because that is how CF works and that is how all CDN works. You can even use your S3 bucket with any CDN provider. I know that S3 is cheap cheap cheap cheap storage but CF is not that great at CDN and the good thing is that you can do all those crazy mixtures and you can even use cdn.yourdomain.com as a cname so you can switch CDNs and keep links always working.

Last edited:
bb53565b3771baf6.png

same with you , why it not work for me :s

Thanks you Rodolfo for the great future - CDN! I've create my own cdn service using varnish/nginx + lsyncd for syncing the files. All looks good =)

Thanks again!

The URL breaks as it forgets the /. But if I go directly to the CF distribution the homepage looks fine from there, enabling the CDN and then going to the domain directly just shows the site without any styling at all. I checked the distribution settings and have it as web, origin as my domain and there's no root document, either. I am also waiting for AWS to allow me to use my SSL cert on CF so I can continue my permanent redirect to SSL, but that's somewhat irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back