• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Can not upgrade from 1.1.3 Free to 3.13.1 Premium

israkaif

Chevereto Member
🎯Description of the issue
I am trying to upgrade. My Free version site stay on old server. I buy new one becoze that have only 5.5.60 Maria. New one have MySQL8
When I copy site ro new server and start Premium Upgrade, site do it without error messages. But Premium featuresis are not enabled.

Attention! When I create new site at new server, its upgraded good.

▶🚶‍Reproduction steps

1. I switch main site to Maintenance.
  2. I copy base from old server Maria 5.5.60 to new one MySQL8
  3. I copy files from old server to new one.
  4. PHP version is 7.2.17
  5. I switch dns a record from old server to new one. Site works good at new server.
  6. I start Upgrade to premium in Admin Dashboard.
  7. I input license key.
  8. Site makes upgrade and invites to Admin Dashboard.
  9. I make PHP version 7.3.4.
  10. I go to Admin Dashboard and I see Chevereto version:3.13.1
  11. I do not see "Upgrade to premium" link.
  12. But..
😢Unexpected result

I see This functionality is not part of Chevereto Free. Upgrade to paid version to obtain this feature. all where options are premium.

📃Error log message

Where are no error messages in http log

If you did the upgrade (took the key and everything) and if you didn't saw any error, is probably that you only need to restart the web server.

Chances are that you have a file cache affecting the upgrade and that's why you aren't seeing the changes reflected. Is very odd, but happens when your production web server settings are too aggressive.

If that doesn't work then you can try the brute force approach: Download the paid edition and replace the files directly in your server.

That's very odd indeed. It could be that the DNS isn't propagated and the domain is still resolving to the old machine.

If you directly replaced the files then that is the only answer I can think at this moment.

I did it.
It was happen because I used own theme. Default theme has not multilanguage in top login form. When my theme is on, all premium features are killed. It was unexpected!
Thanks for help, you made some repair ideas to me.

Back